Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Focus on the app (in the tab mode)

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

At this moment when I have opened two putty sessions in tabs and switch between these, I also need to click on the putty window before I type some commands. For example:

I opened putty tab 1 and 2. I am working on tab 1. After some time I switch to tab 2, but when I write some commands and press enter, it runs on tab 1, because I did not have the focus on tab (putty) 2 (only visually I see tab 2) .

If this possibility already exists, Can you please tell me how to configure this?

Regards,

Kingkong

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Again, I remember having fixed something related to that. Do you use the latest version?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Yes I use the latest version (7.1.0.0). I can see that when i select a different tab, remote desktop manager tried to get focus on that tab, but when I type something it shows on the other tab. With the older tabs, there was absoluty no focus, so I think you're on the right way for the solution.

Kingkong.

Edit: Now I ahve an other problem. When I close a tab, my window of remote desktop manager will minimize.
edited by kingkong on 5/12/2012
<em>edited by kingkong on 5/12/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

Just with Putty?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Yes all the problems I have is when I use Putty. With RDP and VNC I have no problems.

Problems:

1. Focus problem
2. When I close a tab, my window of remote desktop manager will minimize. (Only when I have more then one putty window open).
3. I can't use the menu when I open 2 or more putty tabs.

Kingkong
<em>edited by kingkong on 5/13/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

So if you only have one putty opened, you don't have the problem? This does not fix the Putty problem, but have you tried our embedded SSH/Telnet client?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

So if you only have one putty opened, you don't have the problem?

That's right

This does not fix the Putty problem, but have you tried our embedded SSH/Telnet client?

This workaround works perfect. Is there a way to update all my putty connections to the built-in ssh shell?

Kingkong

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Unfortunately we don't have any way of changing all your session settings. I have entered a feature request for that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs