Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Remote Help Session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

So i was thinking about this the other day. (I was using GoTo Assist by Citrix) I was thinking it would be awesome to implement a similar sort of thing in RDM (I realise it would be a rather large undertaking) So basically the principal would be.
1) Some sort of quick connect client downloadable from RDM's website or hosted on a personal website.
2) The Tech/Admin using RDM creates a session (This creates a session key and stores it somewhere in RDMO or SQL)
3) The end user inputs this session key into the application they've just downloaded
4) Tech/Admin is able to remote assist the user using RDM!
Would be an ABSOLUTELY amazing thing to have in RDM, i believe there would be a rather large market for it. As it's something that i would love to have as an admin. When i try to remotely connect to a user i end up having to use things like GoTo Assist or RDP into their server and from there into the users session.

-Brendan

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
We already have thought about this but this is completely different ball game. For now we don't compete with LogMeIn , GoTo Assist and those players. I would like to do so, but I can't give you a time frame. If we do that, we have to do it right.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

Are you sure we've got a missing option here? I think RDM should be a management solution in the first place. If you need a -and most IT guys need some- remote help solution you may use an integrated third-party app.

Now you can use Teamviewer. I hope Devolutions will expand his integration library to more remote help application. We've already suggested ISL Remote Support (http://forum.devolutions.net/forum/topic1780-isl-remote-support.aspx). Perhaps GoTo is also a nice one. More well-known solutions are:

• Netviewer
  • LogMeIn

Regards

Best regards,

Maarten Schouten

Clock7 yrs

David,

I completely agree that it needs to be done properly, looking at all the other stuff you guys have developed i believe that you will do it properly and i really look forward to when it happens (which i REALLY hope is soon). If you wouldn't mind keeping me updated on whats going on with this that would be fantastic

-Brendan

Clock7 yrs