I noticed some tricks with the Plural "s", like
"Do you really want to delete the group '{0}' ({1} session{2})?"

I think the best way to make localized singular/plural is to use extra dedicated resource entries.
something like this:
"Do you really want to delete the group '{0}' ({1} {2})?"
txtSessionsPl = "sessions"
txtSessionSgl = "session"

also: How to translate Macro/Script/Tools and what's actually the difference?

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I will try to improve those with plural.

Macro/Script/Tool is the old Session Script Tools and Session Tool. It's now contains

- macros: like Jitbit. WASP and our own
- scripts: PowerShell, VBScript...
- tools: any command line like ping

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I got this error while trying to Deploy:

http://screencast.com/t/MCHF8dhI

edit: OK I forgot I enabled "Minimize on close" and RDM was still running smile
<em>edited by alphanimal on 10/7/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

Suggestion of improvement:

Hidden feature for displaying translation resource names
Add a checkbox "Translator's mode" to the UI options. With that ticked, a translator may use some key combination to switch between selected language and system language (the latter only showing the names of translation resources). This will aid the translator in finding correct location of a translation resource within the application. Even if two resource have the exact same spelling in English, the context may very well determine the choise of words, wordforms and spelling in other languages.

Alex Korsbakke
Translates IT systems and applications. My languages are (from strongest to weakest):
Swedish, English, Danish, Norwegian (bokmål), Norwegian (nynorsk) and German

Clock5 yrs

Add context information to each resource entry name
Most resources are named according to its English translation. That is not very helpful. It does not tell where or what.

Example
UIResources.resx, lblReEnter with the English translation "Re-enter".
OK, so this tells me it is probably a label and it sounds like an imperative. But where is it used and what does it tell the user to do? Does it want the user to go back into a chat room again? Or, perhaps write a certain text a second time? Is the label commonly used (like in change password dialogues) or in a specific context.

If the above example was namned WizardChangeDataSourceMasterKey_LabelMasterKeyReenter, I would have been in less doubt. If it was a commonly used label, it could be General_LabelReenterInformation. Other general translation would be General_ButtonOK, General_MenuFile, General_MenuFileExit

I know - it is a big job changing all texts throughout the product, but I think it will make it easier to translate. One can sort by context (by sorting names)

Alex Korsbakke
Translates IT systems and applications. My languages are (from strongest to weakest):

Clock5 yrs

Possibility to sneak peek on other language's translation
Even if I wouldn't try to translate into the languages French, German or Italian. They would have clues on how to translate into my language. By being able to switch between the original language and a third language (the second being my language) I wouldn't have to change language in the application settings and restart the application all the time.
edited by Alex Korsbakke on 12/15/2013

Alex Korsbakke

Clock5 yrs

Suggestion on improvement:

Possibility to translation multiple languages
I soon want to start translate into Danish and perhaps Norwegian (bokmål) and Norwegian (nynorsk). But I don't want to leave the Swedish translation. Could you make it possible to be registerred for several languages and be able to select language on login?

Alex Korsbakke

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
Stefane will work on that this week to modify our structure and give you access to more languages. We will try to improve the application to give more details and help you with the context.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Goodie :-)

Alex Korsbakke

Clock5 yrs

Alex Korsbakke wrote:

Possibility to translation multiple languages
I soon want to start translate into Danish and perhaps Norwegian (bokmål) and Norwegian (nynorsk). But I don't want to leave the Swedish translation. Could you make it possible to be registerred for several languages and be able to select language on login?

In the latest version v1.5.0.0 I've added the ability to translate multiple languages. Please let me know all languages you would like to see. For the moment must enable them on our side (manually).

Regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Great!

I think it is always best if you approve and activate languages on your side. But that is really up to you.

I'd like to be activated for Danish as my next language. I'll wait with the other languages until I know I have enough time.

Swedish will be ready before Christmas Eve - Merry Christmas!
edited by Alex Korsbakke on 12/16/2013

Alex Korsbakke

Clock5 yrs

Done, you should now see both Danish & Swedish. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Swedish done for Christmas, that's a nice gift to the Swedish RDM community thanks.

Regards,

(if you're already logged, re-start the app)
edited by stefane on 12/16/2013

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

You guys are really quick in this matter. It works. And as you can see, there are only a few phrases left in Swedish (that is if you naughty guys don't add a couple of hundreds of new ones).
The danish language however, will take sonewhat longer. It's been almost two years since I worked professionally as a translator. I'm a bit rusty. I hope I (and you?) can round up some more participants.
I also think the Swedish translation need some extra eyes. Do you know some "professional" users that would like to help?

Alex Korsbakke

Clock5 yrs

A wish (or two (or three)):

1) When switching language, I'll stay on the same phrase.
2) Not needing to Save before switching language.
3) Being able to switch to languages I'm not approved for (read only of course).

I hope you don't think of me as a person who nags on everything. You do a great job, but I often have ideas on how to improve.

Alex Korsbakke

Clock5 yrs

Alex, suggestions, comments and even wishes are always welcome here at Devolutions. Keep them coming...

Alex Korsbakke wrote:

1) When switching language, I'll stay on the same phrase.
Should be easy to do. Will try to add it this afternoon.

Alex Korsbakke wrote:

2) Not needing to Save before switching language.
Not easy with the current underlying architecture but may not be that hard to change. I will think about it, give me a few days.

Alex Korsbakke wrote:

3) Being able to switch to languages I'm not approved for (read only of course).
The only way, for now, is if I add it as one of your languages. Which other language would you like?

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

#1 is done v1.5.1.0

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

#1 works. I will start Danish translation shortly.

Alex Korsbakke

Clock5 yrs

We will soon release RDM 10.1. It's a good time to complete the translation before the final release. Thank you very much for you help.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Do you guys intend to translate it to Brazilian Portuguese?
I'm a professional translator, from Brazil. I could help you guys with that.

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
We are proud to offer Remote Desktop Manager in multiple languages. However we need your contribution to make that the UI is perfect. We now use a great online platform to share, comment and translate all the strings. If want to get involved in the project, click on this link http://amanuens.com/get-involved?a=devolutions&k=2FA3D387A072F3358D3886A9A7FF7166. We will send you an invitation and we will be able to access the resources.

We currently need to review the German, Dutch, Spanish translation. We can also add more languages if you are interested to work on them. We will generate the default files with an automated translation from Bing. It's only a starting point and those files definitively will need a full review. For your information, there are 3 files to translate:

• BusinessResources: it's contains most of the entry from the drop down list (already reviewed)
  • MsgResources: it's all the messages of the application (need a full review)
  • UIResources: it's the text for all the application controls with a prefix (already reviewed)

Prefixes:

• label (lbl)
  • button (but)
  • checkbox (chk)
  • menu (mnu)
  • grid column (col)
  • groupbox (gb)
  • wizard titles
  • radio button (rb)
  • tab page (tp)

Thank you

Clock2 yrs

@Leonardo,

We just post a blog on the subject two weeks ago
https://blog.devolutions.net/2017/03/devolutions-localizer-needs-you.html

At the end of the blog, it will be possible for you to create you an account on our Devolutions Localizer.

If you need help with the Localizer, you can consult this help topic
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/externaltools_localizer.htm

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs