Hi,
We are proud to offer Remote Desktop Manager in multiple languages. However we need your contribution to make that the UI is perfect. We now use a great online platform to share, comment and translate all the strings. If want to get involved in the project, click on this link http://amanuens.com/get-involved?a=devolutions&k=2FA3D387A072F3358D3886A9A7FF7166. We will send you an invitation and we will be able to access the resources.

We currently need to review the German, Dutch, Spanish translation. We can also add more languages if you are interested to work on them. We will generate the default files with an automated translation from Bing. It's only a starting point and those files definitively will need a full review. For your information, there are 3 files to translate:

• BusinessResources: it's contains most of the entry from the drop down list (already reviewed)
  • MsgResources: it's all the messages of the application (need a full review)
  • UIResources: it's the text for all the application controls with a prefix (already reviewed)

Prefixes:

• label (lbl)
  • button (but)
  • checkbox (chk)
  • menu (mnu)
  • grid column (col)
  • groupbox (gb)
  • wizard titles
  • radio button (rb)
  • tab page (tp)

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Sorry I didn't translate much in the past weeks since I have access. I've quite busy - you know how it is smile
I did some translation today and was wondering: Is there a way to commit my changes and update my local installation with the new localized files?

Thanks!

Daniel

Clock7 yrs

I hope you see that: It is with big regret that I inform you that the Amanuens software localization platform is being discontinued. Unfortunately, the current and projected status of our business doesn’t allow us to continue any further.

The Amanuens service, accessible at https://my.amanuens.com, and all related web properties will be taken offline on 2012/07/31. After such date, all the data in the system will be permanently deleted. You will receive another communication 7 days prior to the shutdown, but please make sure that you have downloaded all of your translation data before such date, as we won’t be able to recover it after taking the system offline. http://blog.amanuens.com/

Thx

Tom

Clock7 yrs

Don't worry we already have contacted them and we are working with them on a solution for us. I can't give you the details but we have few options.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hmm..i completed the registration..but, on my devolutions dashboard: There are no projects at this time.

??

Thx

Tom

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I have assigned you a project. It should be there now

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi, David.
What about "Amanuens will be permanently taken offline on July 31st, 2012. More details on our blog."
and
"The Amanuens service, accessible at https://my.amanuens.com, and all related web properties will be taken offline on 2012/07/31."

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
We are in contact with them, we talked about multiple solutions for us. We are waiting for the final details from them. I really like their service but they seems to go out of business. So for now, you can continue to use their service and I do the translation integration every day.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
You can download the translation tool and get more information here:

http://blog.devolutions.net/2012/08/introducing-devolutions-localizer-our.html

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

cool!
I can't find a download link though...

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
You need to signup to get the download link but since you were registered in Amanuens, you should already have received an email with your new password.

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Contribute
<em>edited by dhervieux on 8/21/2012</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I didn't receive a mail with a new password.
And if I try to register it says that email address is already used.

thanks

Clock6 yrs

I just sent you your password. Please let me know if you got it.

Thanks

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Yes I received it, thanks!

Some suggestion for Devolutions Localizer so far:
I missed a Search function on the UI. So I instinctively pressed Ctrl + F and there it was smile
Maybe you should make that feature obvious on the UI. Maybe also a quick jump search would be nice.

I wish Ctrl + Left/Right arrow would work while editing text (to jump with the cursor over whole words)
Also Ctrl + Backspace/Del to delete whole words, Ctrl + Shift + Left/Right arrow to select whole words.
It works everywhere else in Windows but Localizer seems to be blocking the Ctrl modifier key from working while editing text

The program crashed when i (accidentally) hit Ctrl + B I think. Lost some changes upset

Regarding the translation:
Who can I talk to when I have question regarding the German translation? For example, finding a standard to translate "batch edit" or "batch add" because there is no good verb of that in German.

What to do if the translation does not fit on the UI? German text is often longer than in English.

Thanks!

Clock6 yrs

Thank you very much for the feedback.

You are correct we've mapped the CTRL to help speed of translation (you can use it without using the mouse). You can find all the mappings here.

http://blog.devolutions.net/2012/08/introducing-devolutions-localizer-our.html

please see comments below

alphanimal wrote:

Yes I received it, thanks!

Some suggestion for Devolutions Localizer so far:
I missed a Search function on the UI. So I instinctively pressed Ctrl + F and there it was smile
Maybe you should make that feature obvious on the UI. Maybe also a quick jump search would be nice.

I wish Ctrl + Left/Right arrow would work while editing text (to jump with the cursor over whole words)

Ctrl + Left/Right is mapped to "Mark as Translated" & "User original"

alphanimal wrote:

Also Ctrl + Backspace/Del to delete whole words, Ctrl + Shift + Left/Right arrow to select whole words.
It works everywhere else in Windows but Localizer seems to be blocking the Ctrl modifier key from working while editing text

This a bug, I will try to release a new version within the next few days that will resolve this issue.

alphanimal wrote:

The program crashed when i (accidentally) hit Ctrl + B I think. Lost some changes upset

Ctrl+B is to Bing the current resource. I should work, I will double check and make sure that if it ever happens to fail to not crash the entire application.

alphanimal wrote:

Regarding the translation:
Who can I talk to when I have question regarding the German translation? For example, finding a standard to translate "batch edit" or "batch add" because there is no good verb of that in German.

I would suggest you start a news group thread much like the Russians have. ( http://forum.devolutions.net/forum/topic1891-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B0-%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D1%80%D1%83%D1%81%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B8-%D1%8F%D0%B7%D1%8B%D0%BA.aspx )

alphanimal wrote:

What to do if the translation does not fit on the UI? German text is often longer than in English.

Send us a print screen and we will do our best to accommodate when possible.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thanks!

Clock6 yrs

You can't delete comments from entries in Localizer. When you try, the comments stays unaltered

Clock6 yrs

What if i want to fix an English entry? smile

"This application required the .NET Framework 3.5!"

would change that to

"This application requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5."

Clock6 yrs

I've just published the 1.0.0.21 which has bug fixes for all the mentioned bugs. (simply restart the application)

As for the Ctrl+Left/Right we’ve reverted to the default Windows behaviour. You can now use:
Ctrl+D : Mark as Translated
Ctrl+E : User original

For English errors please post them to the news group or send them via email. We need to modify them in the source file no the translation tool. (We “might” add something for this in the future)

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thanks! Ctrl + Left/Right makes my life easier smile

Clock6 yrs

Another english fix:
UIResources.resx / lblEnterHostNameOrIPOfViewConnectServer
"Enter the host name of IP address of the View Connection server."

of --> or

Clock6 yrs

Fixed!

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

By the way, how do you like the tool? Stefane have done it in less than 3 weeks to replace Amanuens.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

thx!

I like it! it deos the job smile

List updating takes a little long after submitting etc.

Clock6 yrs

Hi, there is a lot of dutch translation. How can i test it? Or download it in my production session? from rdp manager?

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Stefane has now updated the tool. It's now possible to generate your translation on the fly to see the result in RDM.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
Stefane has now updated the tool. It's now possible to generate your translation on the fly to see the result in RDM.

cool!

That sentence is missing a word.

Otherwise it works really well! nice work!

Clock6 yrs

Localizer still takes a long time to update the list (while the UI is unresponsive) and it updates the list quite frequently. (Whenever you apply, discard or switch the res file)

It shouldn't take to long to update 2 entries I edited. I think it's loading the entire list every time?

Just saying... if possible an incremental or at least faster update would be awesome.

Clock6 yrs

You are correct, we re-load the entire list every time.
I will talk a look at it today and should be able to get things much faster on update.
Thank you for the feedback

P.S. I will also fix the spelling error :-)

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hey everyone,

I've published a new version of the tool 1.2.0.29, it now has faster Save/Discard

If you have any other issues/questions/comments please let me know.

Stefane

P.S. We also pushed out more then 200 new/changed resources ready for translation.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs