Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Save currently opened connections as Play List

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hola
I find myself often in a situation where I have to leave my office and have a lot of opened connections, which I would like to continue to work on when I get the chance.
The issue is the connections are only remembered locally.
A quick workaround I think would be to allow me to save all currently opened sessions as a Play List(or is this already possible?).

I think there also was a request to change RDM to save the Play Lists on the SQL data source. That would be great as well.

Well. Just something that would make my everyday work easier smile
Thank you.

//Brandur

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
Here is the solution I suggest. We will have to implements few things but this could be nice.

1. Add a menu in the Context menu Play List -> Create Play List from Opened Session
2. Prompt to save it in the Private Vault, in the database or Locally

What do you think?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi David
I think your suggested implementation sounds great.
It would certainly solve my dayli dilemma wink

Thank you very much.

//Brandur

Clock4 yrs

Hi Brandur,

There will be a button in the context menu to create a playlist from the opened sessions, which will ask you if you want to save it locally, in your database, or in your private vault.

This will be available next version.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Hubert
I finally came around to testing this feature, which I was going to use to make multiple Play Lists.
A couple of things I noticed.

1. Multi-select a couple of sessions, right-click Play List... and choose New.
- Unable to save this Playlist in/as Shared or Privet Vault. It defaults only to Local as an option.

2. Multi-select a couple of sessions, right-click Play List... and choose Add Selection to Existing Play List(X Entries).
- Unable to save this Playlist in/as Shared or Privet Vault. It defaults only to Local as an option.

3. (Feature request) It would be great if it was possible to copy Play Lists between all three options (Local/Shared/Private Vault).

Am I way off, or can you confirm 1 and 2?
Thanks

//Brandur

Clock4 yrs

Hello Brandur,

You are right, there's an issue when creating a playlist the way you described in method 1 and 2. I will work on a fix for this and keep you updated.

As for point number 3, we already have a feature request entered for this and we will see what we can do.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Super.
When you get that far. Just post in this thread, if you want me to confirm/test anything.
Thank you.

//Brandur

Clock4 yrs

The fixes for the New button and the Add Selection To Existing PlayList will be available in the next RDM version.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Good news, your feature request will also be included in the next RDM version! In the playlist manager (View > Play List), there will be added support for the private vault and a new button "Copy to", which will copy the selected playlist to a local, shared or private vault playlist.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

That sounds great.
I'm looking forward to test it.
Thank you and have a great weekend.

//Brandur

Clock4 yrs