Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

RDM 1.1.3.0 hard crash on opening session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Starting with RDM 1.1.2, I could no longer open any RDP sessions. 1.1.3 has the same issue. I've attached a crash report.

I hope you guys can bring some stability to RDM for Mac soon -- it took a long time to get basic functionality for my environment (dynamic LastPass connection lookups) and it's never been very stable.

It must be really hard to get a product as complex as this stable, but right now it's completely useless on my Macs.

Thx.

RDM crash.txt.zip
Clock5 yrs

Hi,
Benoit will look into it Monday.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

I have looked at the crash report and I think we will be able to fix that shortly.

Thank you for your report and sorry about the inconvenience.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Thank you -- and no worries. If you can post here when you have a new update, I'll know because I'm subscribed.

If not, I'll check again for an update in a week or so.

Clock5 yrs

No problem I'll update this post when the fix is available.

I need a few more information.

What version of the gateway are you using ?

I think your are using a service broker, am I right ?

Thank you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I am connecting through Remote Desktop Gateway (non-domain joined) on a Windows Server 2012 instance in the cloud. I am not sure what you mean by a service broker.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

Do you know the Remote Desktop Gateway version ?
As for the service broker it is sometime names a connection broker and it's a service that manage a pool of connections to Remote Desktops.

I will check with our partner at Awake Coding if server instance in the cloud are usually behind a service broker

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

RDG is running on Windows Server 2012 (not R2). There is no service broker. I manage all the infrastructure in this application.

The communications path is local client ==> RDG over TLS ==> target server on port 3389.

Clock5 yrs

Thanks that will help for sure

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

I am not sure whatever was done for 1.1.4.0 helped. ;-) Please see this 12-sec video:

As I've said before, I imagine it must be daunting to make RDM run on the Mac. But we are now several releases from first ship and I've never gotten RDM Mac to work for me in any form.

Maybe you need to pull it back and work on the quality?
edited by yobyot on 12/11/2014

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

We know we have issues with the Gateway. For embedded connection we use a third party, FreeRDP.
We are working in close collaboration with our partner to resolve the situation.
Your situation is not a simple one. You are using Windows Server 2012 with is not a widely distributed OS and you are using a Gateway.

We will continue to release versions even if we did not resolve this specific issue. our new releases contain fix and feature that other users asked for.

Can you try to connect to a distant computer without the Gateway? This would help us isolate the problem you have.

We are working on building environment that resemble yours to see if we can reproduce your situation.
I know I'm asking a lot but do you have an environment that you could share with us with reproduce your issue ?
It would really help us identify what is causing your issue and make sure the situation is resolved.

You can send me the details at bsansregret@devolutions.net

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Well, I was on board with being understanding of how hard this must be for you until you "blame shifted" to embedding a freeware product and the fact that we are using Windows Server 2012. What do you think is "widely distributed?" Would you be happier with Windows Server 2003, which is about to die? C'mon...this isn't about our environment. It's that your Mac edition was late and remains a bug-filled disaster.

I run over 30 servers in the cloud and can access all of them flawlessly with your Windows product and MSFT's clients on Windows, iOS and Mac. So it's not something we are doing -- it's RDM Mac. Full stop.

No, we do not permit any access outside of RDG; these are secured servers running in the cloud and I'd be crazy to let myself get port-scanned for vulnerabilities on 3389. And no, we cannot provide you a test environment.

Suggest you set one up yourself (for very short money, even for free) in either AWS and/or Azure.

Clock5 yrs

The third party is FreeRDP and we are working with them to setup and resolve your issue. By the way we are not Microsoft. This means that we don't have access to the RDP code.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs