Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

RD Tabs Import

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I know you've already got a pretty long list of apps that you import connections from, but would it be too crazy to add RD Tabs (http://www.avianwaves.com/tech/tools/rdtabs.aspx) to the list? I've done an xml export from RD Tabs, but it won't import into RDM. It doesn't throw an error or anything, it just doesn't import anything.

Thanks!

Mike

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

For the XML, we import only our format.

Do they have an option to export to CSV?

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
Could you provide us a sample of the Xml? We could add this import type.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi David,

Thanks for checking this out! What's the best way to get you this xml? I tried replying to the forums@devolutions.net email and pasting it in this window, both without success.

Thanks again!

Mike

Clock4 yrs

Ah-ha! I see now that there's an option to attach a file with the full reply. I was trying quick reply before...

I’ve attached an xml export (this is the only export option other than a proprietary .rdtsf file) that contains two connections, which are stored as Favorites in RD Tabs. I've changed the IPs and names to protect the innocent. ;-) There's probably a lot of junk in this export that you don't even need, it looks like.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can provide to assist!

Thanks, Mike

rdtabs.xml
Clock4 yrs

Hi Mike,
Hubert will look into it next week.

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Thanks David! You guys are truly the best!

Mike

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

In the upcoming version, there will be a RDTabs import option which will import most of what is found in the program.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Hubert,

Thanks so much! We really appreciate your work! I'm trying my best to get these guys off of RD Tabs, so this should help.

Thanks again!

Mike

Clock4 yrs