Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Feature Request

SecureCRT Integration

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Really would like to see SecureCRT integrated for Mac, it is our preferred tool as we can duplicate sessions and the likes.
Love the integration for the windows version, just want to see it for mac as well so that we dont have to have 2 copies of each device we SSH to, 1 for windows users with SecureCRT and another for our mac users.

Thanks

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I'm not s SecureCRT expert so perhaps you could help us. Do you know in mac how we could invoke SecureCRT with the session name and the credentials? Perhaps you have an Apple script for us or a command line?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thanks for the quick response.

Syntax:

SecureCRT.app [standard options] [protocol-specific options]
SecureCRT.app can be found in your /Applications folder.

The below command would connect to a host using SSH2 and the specified username and password, but there are a lot of options available for each protocol such as certificates and so on.

/Applications/SecureCRT.app/Contents/MacOS/SecureCRT /SSH2 /L [username] /password [password] [host]

All the switches for mac are the same as the windows version so hopefully wont be to bad to adapt smile
I can post a full list of switches if you like.

Clock6 yrs

Thank you. This should not be hard to add. The only issue we have is that we don't support add-on with the mac version. So the simplest solution would be to integrate SecureCRT in the Windows version at the same time.

I will check with Benoit what we can do.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi David, SecureCRT is already integrated nicely with RDM enterprise for windows, we are currently using it in this manner. Its just for our mac users we have to create SSH entries in RDMS to the same device as our SecureCRT entries which is our preferred method.

Even if the mac app just launched SecureCRT with the desired parameters and it wasnt integrated into the app like on windows that would be great.
edited by an0nz on 12/2/2014

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
What I mean by integrated in the Windows version is by making the add-on built-in instead of a separate library.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Ah right, I look forward to the response and hopefully it can end up part of the mac client at some point.

Clock6 yrs