Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

TeamViewer Embedded Tab

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm very new to RDM, but I am already annoyed that the TeamViewer sessions cannot be contained within tabbed sessions. In searching the forum, there didn't seem to be any recent mention of this. Have the developers tried the most recent Version 10 beta to see if it shows any signs of new abilities to hook in?
I'm a paying customer of TeamViewer, is there anyone in particular in their organization at whom I should direct my displeasure? I'm willing to fire off an email every few weeks until the end of time.
The TeamViewer integration is the one thing keeping RDM from being the perfect solution for me.
edited by MikeF74 on 11/28/2014

Clock4 yrs

Hi Mike,
That would be so cool to have TV integrated. Unfortunately it does not work. We would need an ActiveX or a way to integrate it but I can't give you a contact.

Let me know if I can do anything else.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I'm affraid that RDM is unable to detect when TeamViewer closes. I will enter a feature request to verify this.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

Could you tell us what version of RDM you are running? In addition to that, are you running it in 32 or 64 bits?
Do you run multiple instances of TeamViewer at the same time or is only one session running at a time?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Has there been any progress on this situation? I use TV 11 and would like to see the embedded feature added. I would also like to be able to see which TV sessions are open and when they close.

Is this something that is on the list of things to do?

Thanks;

Clock3 yrs

Unfortunately that something we are unable to do until TV creates an SDK with an ActiveX. I think that they have an API to verify if a connection is open and it's something we want to look after RDM 12.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Have you looked into the API / SDK they've been pushing recently?

https://integrate.teamviewer.com/en/develop/

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I have verified and the SDK is to integrate Team Viewer in an application. This allow you to remote connect to your application and not the opposite. This means that you could use TV to connect RDM but it's not the expected goal.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Ok, one last thing, and I know I'm really grasping at straws here...

What about hosting the Flash-based swf from https://login.teamviewer.com/Connect/Flash in a tab?

swfobject.embedSWF("/Content/WebConnector/TeamViewer.swf?v=10.2.34731", "flashcontent", '100%', '100%', "10.2.0", "/Content/WebConnector/expressInstall.swf", flashvars, params, attributes);

It of course gives your application a dependency on Flash, which is what every developer dreams of.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
We've never tried that. I will ask one of our dev to try it. My only concern is on how we will send the credentials to the flash content.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We've tested what the behavior would look like if we integrated the flash console inside RDM. There are a couple things to note:

- There is always a CAPTCHA that will require user input, which means we can't automatically login, only auto-fill the email/password
- Every time you restart RDM and open the console, it will ask for email confirmation to trust the browser since it seems to stores certain cookies in the browser once you have successfully logged. This seems to bypass the email confirmation once you have done it once. It might be possible to fix this issue but we'd have to investigate
- The flash-based console is impossible to securely fill with the credentials so we would have to use macros.

If these would not be a deal breaker, we could add the option in the TeamViewer session to open the flash console instead of using the application.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

This solution seems acceptable ... limited functionality but better than nothing.

Don Adams
30 Day Trial user

Clock3 yrs

I would have to agree with Don. Anything is always better than nothing, even if not ideal. Having the ability to keep the tabs is most important.

Clock3 yrs

Thank you for the feedback guys. We'll add this to our todo list. smile

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Just make sure there is no dependency on Flash and Flash does not get launched in the background when not needed. Flash is a problematic software with performance and security issues.

http://www.bytesolutions.com

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

There is already a "teamviewer console" in RDM (it opens the web console) and in RDM 12 there will be an option to connect directly to the flash console through it. It's not perfect but it allows to use teamviewer in a tabbed interface in RDM. When RDM 12 is out it would be great if you could test it and give us some feedback.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs