Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Teamviewer and credential repository

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

we use Teamviewer 7 Sessions with the credential repository. After Upgrading from 6.6.0.0 to 7.0.3, our teamviewer sessions do not work anymore.
Remote Desktop Manager now seems to take the value of the field "user name" from the credential entry (which is empty, because Teamviewer just needs a password) and puts it into Teamviewer´s ID Field.

I would expect it to use the ID-Field I configured in the session entry, but this is ignored now.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I think that's a bug we have resolved in the latest beta. Could you give it a try?

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.7.0.5.0.exe

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Thanks, the beta fixed it. Will there be a release soon?

Clock8 yrs

We don't expect any new feature. I hope to release it tomorrow or Friday. This version will be 7.1

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hello!
I've the same problem with the V7.5.0.0 Enterprise!

RDM takes the value of the field "user name" from the credential repository and puts it into Teamviewer´s ID Field.

Any idea?

Thx,
wayne

Clock8 yrs

Have you tried the latest version?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Yes, same problem with V7.6.0.0

Clock8 yrs

The same problem with 7.6.1.0 and "Embedded credentials entry"!

Clock8 yrs

Does the username field is empty like the original thread problem?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

RDM puts the value of the field "user name" from the credential repository into Teamviewer´s ID Field and tries to connect with this wrong ID.
Then you get the connection error. So you don't see the login-form.

Thx,
wayne

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Could you try this special version? If it does not work, I think that I will need some screenshot to reproduce exactly your setup.

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.7.6.1.1.zip

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Good morning David!
With the new version 7.6.1.1 the ID Field is filled out correctly with the servers name. TV connects to the server,
but then the login-form isn't filled out (all fields are empty).

Thx,
wayne
<em>edited by wayne on 9/9/2012</em>

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
You mean the login form when you are connected. Have you entered a auto typing macro?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Good morning!
I've no macro and here's the screenshot:
<em>edited by wayne on 9/10/2012</em>

Clock8 yrs

Team Viewer does not support parameters for the Windows login. You need to setup a Macro for that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Ok! So i've one question:
In the session settings, you can choose the "Session specific credential" or "Embedded credential entry".
For these credentials, you can specify "User, Domain, Passord". When does RDM use these credentials?

Clock8 yrs

RDM integrates a lot of technologies and some of them have limitation. Team viewer is one of them, we don't have a parameter or a solution to send those parameters directly to Team Viewer. Since it's possible to create a macro with those fields, we don't want to disable them.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

RDM 9.0.5.0 - Teamviewer 8:

Embedded: password is send to teamviewer 8
Credential repository: password not transferred to teamviewer

RDM version 8 worked fine

Clock7 yrs

What type of data source do you use?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

MS-SQL

Clock7 yrs

What type of credential entry exactty?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I've just tried and I'm unable to reproduce it. Could you verify if you have a user specific setting override?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Sorry David, I'm grabbing screenshots to explain it and now it works. Don't know why.... Case closed.

Clock7 yrs

Let me know if this happen again.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs