Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Find duplicates

• Create an Issue

Hello,

I have 10 users that enter data to RDM.
From time to time there are duplicates and now I want to add the AD sync and I would have a lot of duplicates.

So, How about adding a DUplicate searcher that also looks on the data not only on the display name and give a score for the duplication option...
For example:
All fields are identical - 100% - option to choose master and delete others
Some fields are the same - xx% - option to choose master and join data
Etc...

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
Good idea we could do a report for that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

But a report should have an easy way to remove the duplicates or join them...

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

There will definitely be a report for duplicate entries in the next version, but it will be very basic. It will only list duplicate entries and allow you to select them. Duplicate entries will be determined by the comparison mode you choose.

I don't know if it will be in the next version yet, but there will be a way to choose which duplicate entry you want to keep. You will also be able to see how similar both entries are (the percentage you mentionned). Merging might also be supported, I will keep you updated. Although this might not come out in the next version, it should soon.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Thanks,

Updated to beta 10.0.17.0 and checked the duplicate report, it too much simple.
At least for now do "group by" for the duplications, I see only 1 entry and no duplicates for it.

Also, if I have 2 entries, one is telnet and 1 is http - it would say that it's a duplicate.

in short, need more work...

Clock4 yrs

This was the phase 1. A basic report for basic duplicate. For the Telnet and http duplicate have you choose to compare with the host and connection type?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

yes, with connection type.
But even for phase 1 I cannot understand the output.
When we talk on duplicates you need to show me the duplicates entries (all of them) so I would know what to check.
For now some of them seems to be duplicates by name only (even if I choose connection type) and some of them are just 1 entry.

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

Sorry about this. The next version will have an improved duplicate report. You will be able to compare entries with each other and delete ones you choose. Grouping by name and and connection type should be much clearer and easier to manage.

The similarity percentage feature is not implemented yet but it's on our todo list.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Wow, just installed v 10.0.19.0 and this is much better...

Few improvements:

- show also the folder location (will make it easier to decide)
- when you compare with connection type and host you do not consider different URL's to the same host, should not be duplicate (just compare the entire string)
- please decode the XML in the window after choosing "compare" and show the fields (there fields that should not be there like ID)
- and the most needed feature - join (and select primary)...

Clock4 yrs

Hi Snir,
I will add few improvement requests but the last two are really not easy. Decoding the Xml and merging the data is not a trivial task.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello Snir,

In the next version, there will be a group column and the connection type and host comparison will compare the whole string for the host rather than the domain for websites.
In the future, we will probably add an option to compare with the domain in the case of URLs rather than the full string like it was doing previously.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

@David - I understand, I have time... smile

Updated to 10.0.20.0...
Now I can start working... cool...

the problem is that the delete action takes a long time to finish (around 30-40 sec) and it does not delete the entry (seems to reload the report).
can you add "edit" as a right-click on an entry ?

I have around 1600 entries in the DB.

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

Regarding the entries not deleting, have you tried holding Ctrl and pressing the refresh button on the RDM main screen?
For the delay, what datasource type do you use? How long does it take to delete from outside the report?

We will look into those problems as soon as possible.

Regards,
edited by Hubert Mireault on 12/9/2014

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Next version will have an edit button / right click menu. In addition to that, there was a problem updating the list when deleting an entry so that will be fixed too.

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs