Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Hyper-v Console with RDP

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

Would it be possible for Hyper-v Console entries to also have an option to RDP to the host? Perhaps through the context menu there could be "connect using RDP". The goal is to have the entry be a quick way to check on the VM's but then also be able to RDP to the host without creating a new entry.

Thanks,
Matt

Clock5 yrs

Yes of course. I thought it was already here.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

David,

Did this get added in the 10.1 release and I'm just not seeing it?

-Matt

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
Yes it here:

Hyper V
edited by dhervieux on 12/16/2014

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Hyper-V.png
Clock4 yrs

That's a VM, not the host.

My request was to add RDP as an alternate way to connect to the Host (ie hyper-v console).

In your example Devolutions-HV is the host. In the navigation tree, when you double click on that you get the list of VM's. But how do you RDP into the host itself?

My request is to have RDP added as a "right click" connection method perhaps between "open session" and "open with parameters" or within "open with parameters".

I hope that makes sense.

-Matt

Clock4 yrs

Oh! That's my mistake. I understand. I can add something in the console but in the context menu it's a little tricky.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Assuming it has to make a connection Hyper-v first. My issue with adding it in the console is that if hyper-v were to break or have issues and it wasnt able to connect, the rdp function would also be broken.

Your thoughts?

-Matt

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
Just for you smile

OpenHyper

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

OpenHyper.png
Clock4 yrs

looks great! When can we expect to see this released?

Clock4 yrs

I hope to release an update next Friday.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs