Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Searching in a folder

Hi Guys

We got a question with searching. We created a folder for every costumer. Now if we enter a costumer name in the search display we get the whole folder. and when there are much entrys in one folder, its almost impossible to find the mtaching entry. Ho can we find the searched entry in one folder, if we have the same entry name in other entrys?

Thank you

Kind regards

MAAT

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
Have you tried the Advanced Search for that? It's in the View ribbon

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I can't find that, can you show me where it is?

Tank you

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
Yes it's here:

AdvancedSearch

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

AdvancedSearch.png
Clock4 yrs

Love the advanced search feature, very helpful! Is there a way to load the results of a saved advanced search into the Navigation tree? I want to refactor the results of an advanced search, but can't seem to do that from it's native dialog.

Also, is there a way to use basic search operators in the normal search/filter box at bottom left of Navbar? I just need to search for something like: ("INV" and "WAN Routers"). Is that possible?

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
We don't support for now operator like AND or OR in the filter. This is something on our todo list but it's not trivial. What I could easily add in the Advanced Search its a function to select the result in the Navigation bar to access the ribbon actions. What do you think?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

That would be outstanding!

Clock4 yrs

We actually have the feature already. Have a look at the online help:

http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?view_searchfilter.htm (Boolean Filter section)

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

In the upcoming version, there will be a button for Select in Navigation Pane that will highlight the selected connections.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
The advanced search is not available yet in PVM. This is something we want to add soon.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

The advanced search will be available in the next version of PVM.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs