Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Import improvement

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

I have a improvement for the importation, when we import a base to update a old one you have as option ignore - import- replace an you add a new importation method please.

This method will be skip if same so the database import will be quicker
another improvement will be rename the old one but i prefer that a check is done and if the entry is present and same you skip it.

Thanks

Best regards

Olivier

Clock5 yrs

Just to be sure which import type do you use?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hello David

In our case a rdm import over 4000 entrys

So if you can skip a same you will win a lot of time

Have a nice week end

Olivier

Clock5 yrs

So it's a .rdm file that you import?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

yes when we update all computer with the datas we use rdm.
And if you have over 4000 entry's that will be long.

because we update a lot the rdm master file a skip the same will be good or if you can do a incremental update i find the skip same solution the good one and you

Regards

Olivier
edited by oschott on 11/8/2014

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
i have entered a feature request for that. Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi David,

Thanks for that let me know when please so we can test it

Regards

Olivier

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

When you import, if you check the checkbox "Apply to all" and press ignore, it would skip every import with the same name . Is the "skip" feature you want different from this?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello Hubert,

We will do the test next week i'm off, but the try i done home looks well, but the question is if the name is the same and the datas inside change, i lost the new update?

We have official database and some we modify because some details change password ip etc... the name is still the same but the data change so there we will have problem i think no?

Best regards

Olivier

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

I understand what you mean. Currently, it only compares with the names, but it'd be interesting to compare with the whole data. We will enter a feature request for this enhancement.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs