Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Operator Log

• Create an Issue

I would like to create a log where operators (users) can make simple entries for things like outages and repairs. It would be really convenient to have this log readily available for quick entries that all user could see.

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

Here's a workaround using the features we have now. David may respond with a new feature.

We do have an "Insert log comment" command in Home - tools, but it requires a session being selected.

To help in filtering the log, you would have to create an entry to tie these log entries to. I would suggest you set it as a global favorite to make it easier to locate for your staff.

Best regards

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
The Insert Log Comment feature was designed exactly for that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

The problem with the current insert log comment feature is that it is tied to each individual entry. I'm looking for a general log that can be viewed from anywhere within the application. Even better would be a way to view all of the logs entries in aggregate. Then I could use the insert log comment feature yet be able to see all entries at once.

Clock5 yrs

I think I figured it out. The logs are already aggregate. I was viewing the usage log in it's default setting witch puts the last entry at the bottom. Once I sorted by log date I was able to see the entries I was looking for. It makes much more sense now....

Clock5 yrs

Is there any way to make the start and end times editable? I would like to log internet outages and other items after the fact.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I will add a feature request for that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs