Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

More columns

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Devolutions-Team,

i like to request "more columns".
For example:
If a group is selected in the left tree view, we see servers at the right side, but only a few columns are visible/selectable.
If a customer has a lot of servers, it would be great, if we may have more informations in a tabular view, so f.e. we see the
IP-adresses of the servers, maybe tags and so on.

Could this be realized?

Yours sincerely
Daniel

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
We could add more column for sure. Which one exactly do you want other than IP and tag?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi David,

for our actual purposes:
- Tag
- Attachment/s ("clickable" to open attachments maybe directly)

My wish regarding the "ip-adress" was misleading. There is allready the posibilty to show the "Host", which shows
the name/ip address. I just did not realized it.

Maybe it makes sense (independant of our actual wish) to have the posibility to chose more columns for different
purposes and future needs.

Yours sincerely
Daniel

Clock5 yrs

The problem is that we need to have a fix set of columns and there is always a performance cost associated with that. That's why I want to add only the helpful columns. I will add those you mentioned (except it won't be clickable).

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi David,

is there a chance to get additional columns to the overview?

We believe that the following columns could also be helpful:

• Information => OS
  • Information => MAC
  • Information => Site
  • Information => Rack
  • Software => Server roles
What do you think?
Thanks!

Regards,
Min

Clock6 mths

This could be possible but you already have this information in the Information tab page.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hi,

Sure, but you can check it only on selecting 1 entry - I mean if you select a group folder with a bunch of items you can see the details from all in one list (and sort it) - like a overview

Regards,
Min

Clock6 mths

I thought that you were talking about the Overview xml. I will try to add more columns to the tree view.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

That would be great!

Thank you! wink

Regards,
Min

Clock6 mths

Maybe also the "Load from Inventory Result" column (with latest status from the inventory - Success, Failed...)

Thanks! smile

Clock6 mths

You should already have the Last Load Inventory Date.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hi,

you are right again, but if I remember correct and execute an inventory, which exit with partly success the date will also be filled in - so it looks like in the overview that it succeeded without any issues - For this scenario I think it could be informative to have the column in the overview.. to see quickly in a overview the last status from a bunch of servers.

Regards,
Min

Clock6 mths

So add the last inventory date and last load sucessful inventory?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Only the "Load from Inventory Result" with possible states: Success, Partial success, Failed (I believe you see this states at the moment only at the end from a executed inventory) ; "Last Inventory Load" is already possible
(and the few informations from my previous post)

Thank you very much & sorry for the confusion smile

Regards,
Min

Clock6 mths

Indeed it's a good idea. I will add this to my todo since it's not already available in the entry but I have a good news, all the other columns will be in the next beta.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Awesome!! Thank you so much! smile

Regards,
Min

Clock6 mths

Hi David,

The OS, Site & Rack column works perfect - but the MAC and Server Roles doesn't show any data..

PS: The new column names are in english - looks like the translation string would here not be applied

Thank you!

Regards,
Min

Clock6 mths

Could you test the tree view? Perhaps it's only in the dashboard. I will check for the translation

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

100 points - in the tree view the values are present. (the column names here also in english)

Thank you! smile

Regards,
Min

Clock6 mths