Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Better handling of communication loss

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When RDM loses its network connection to a remote RDP session, such as when a laptop wakes up from sleep or hibernation, RDM displays a dialog box saying that the connection was lost and requiring the user to click OK. After clicking OK, the RDP session tab is closed, even if the connection has been restored. It generates a dialog box for each connection that was disconnected, requiring the user to not only dismiss each dialog one-by-one, but then manually reconnect each session.

When this occurs, I usually force kill the RDM process, because that not only dismisses the dialog boxes all at once, but when I restart RDM, all of my sessions are automatically reconnected.

It would be much better if RDM could instead use just one dialog for all lost connections, rather than a separate dialog for each and instead of a functionless message box with an OK button, allow the user to attempt to reconnect before terminating the connection.

Clock5 yrs

Could you post a print screen of the dialog. I'm afraid that this is not handled by RDM but by the Microsoft ActiveX.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

https://www.anonimg.com/img/4174e3e0033bfea3165d173f54676ea8.bmp

By the way, this forum only lets me attach a file when i create a new post. Once created, I cannot attach a file in a reply.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
This error comes from the ActiveX. However it's RDM that display the message. This means there is something we can do. I have entered an improvement request.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs