Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Subject: Multi-window commands

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Any opportunity to add a feature to allow for commands to be passed to all open ssh tabs/windows? I manage many servers and would love to be able to make changes across many of them simultaneously?

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

Multi-select the SSH sessions, you will see a "Execute Script in terminal" menu item in the right-click contextual menu.

This requires v10

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Running 10.0.3.0 64 Bit Enterprise Edition
selected 3 ssh sessions and right clicked but no "Execute Script in Terminal" option
Tried to open same 3 sessions and tried to right click to determine if option was only there when connected. Still missing?
What am I missing?

Clock5 yrs

They must be running embedded. Is this the case?

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Yes all 3 ssh tabs are embedded. I highlight all three active sessions on the left and right click to view the menu.

Clock5 yrs

I can also confirm with 10.0.4.0 that when right-clicking after selecting multiple open sessions, that there is no such menu option. Has this been added to any of the new betas?

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

No, it is available in 10.0.4, are you only selecting entries of the same type?

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

2014 12 11 11 18 40

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

2014-12-11_11-18-40.png
Clock4 yrs

I am selecting sessions of the same type. After selecting every one of the open connections, I am not able to see the "Execute Script in Terminal" option.

Clock4 yrs

I'm attaching a screenshot to show you the missing item.

right click session menu RDM

right-click_session_menu_RDM.jpg
Clock4 yrs

If you allow it, I will connect to your computer using Gotomeeting, please contact us at support@devolutions.net at your convenience.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Connected with customer and issue identified

What is confusing is that our entry type is Telnet, SSH, RAW, rLogin

That feature works only against the SSH Shell subtype, which name doesn't even appear in the entry type

2014 12 13 10 46 02

I will discuss this with David, but that type is one of the most widely used after RDP, we need to thread carefully.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

2014-12-13_10-46-02.png
Clock4 yrs