Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Search in log

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi, we are using comment on close option so we have a log of what have been done so next one that is going to log into the server has the option to see what has been happening last days. This is all working fine but we miss a option so search in the log.

So is that something you could think of being possible in near future. Now we can export the log and search then but we would like to have the possibility to search from RDM.

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

EDIT : As a workaround until such a feature may be implemented, although I can't promise anything at this time wink\
I would suggest you set up a Data Report that queries in ConnectionLog.

I do not know if you want to filter by session or some other field, so I won't suggest a WHERE clause for now.

Please reply with the specifics and we'll get you up and running with that.

Best regards,
edited by mcote on 10/9/2014

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Will take a better look at this tomorrow.

If I can setup a Data Report with a two parameters,

One for a search word, like most of our consultants they want to search for a specified word like if someone is going to work with the SQL he would search for SQL in close comment.

And the other would then be the server name.

The where clause would need to search in open and close comment and then the note if someone adds a manual note.

But like a said I will be taking a further look into this but any help given the info above would be great.

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I have entered a feature request anyway. Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

In the next RDM version, there will be a new field to search for On Open and On Close comments in the global logs and usage log report.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs