Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Enterprise 10.0.1.0 - RDM hangs on object move

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Morning...

Discovered a kink this morning. I made a copy of a connection and attempted to move it to another folder. Unfortunately, when I click the "Move to another group/folder", RDM decides to hang. I'm never prompted with folder list. I'm forced to terminate the application and relaunch. Same condition occurs in the 3 additional attempts.

I've tried this with an ESXi connection and a Tera Term connection.

Also...I like the version 10 updates.

Thanks.

Clock6 yrs

Was it only for one session? What data source type do you use?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I was attempting to move only one session at a time. data source is MS SQL Express.

Clock6 yrs

Ok,
I've just tried and it work fine for me. Could you try to press escape while it's hanging? I suspect that the folder dialog appear out sight or behind another window.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I tried the escape button...still not responding.

I was able to minimize RDM, despite the not responding condition, and there wasn't an open dialog box, on any of my monitors.

However, I did stumble onto a new detail. I left RDM running in the "Not Responding" state...while I was typing a reply to your message. After about a minute, there was brief flash on the screen and RDM was working normally.

I repeated the move attempt a few more times. The flash on the screen might be a dialog box, but it's too fast to be sure.

Clock6 yrs

Could you verify the application logs in Help->View application logs?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I ran the 10.0.2.0 update this morning and rebooted the computer. It was slow, but I was able to move the object.

Clock6 yrs