Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Is online depending on monitoring system

• Create an Issue

Hi Our monitoring system stores data in a SQL database. I would like to get IsOnline function to check an sql query against the database and depending on the answer set server online status.Or Change Icon for the connection. There would also be nice to have an tab like "Favorites" with these servers.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

I cannot respond to the feature request and will leave that to David, but I just wanted to ensure you knew that you could use our "Data report" type to run a query and have the results displayed in RDM itself? This could help you in the short term.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
Maurice has a good idea and I think it could be a nice workaround. I will enter a feature request for the original message but I'm not sure how we could do the integration in our architecture.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

By the way. What is your online system?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

We are using hostmonitor from KS-Soft to monitor our servers.

Clock5 yrs

We have already setup reports as subreports.

Thanks for quick replys

Clock5 yrs

We would also like to see the status (powered on, warning, powered off) of a device in the RDM user interface. We can query our monitoring database for this information, but we would like to see the status of a device at a glance. Maybe an extra icon in front of an entry or different color of the entry? For example if you could see the status, why make a RDP connection to a server which is powered off? One should open a iLo connection instead.
edited by jeerd on 3/29/2015

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
The problem with all the status is the performance to refresh it. You can already enable the check for availability but this is very resource consuming.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs