Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Add PasswordSafe.de (MATESO GmbH) for Credentials

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

Please add passwordsafe.de (Different Product then Password Safe) as Credentials Source.

Regards,

Pascal

Clock5 yrs

Hi Pascal,
We already know this credential management tool but unfortunately they don't seem to have an API to access the data. Could you contact them and make a request? I'm sure that as a customer you will have more impact than us. All we need is a way to read securely the credentials to use them with a connection.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi Pascal,
We already know this credential management tool but unfortunately they don't seem to have an API to access the data. Could you contact them and make a request? I'm sure that as a customer you will have more impact than us. All we need is a way to read securely the credentials to use them with a connection.

We have no active subscription on the product anymore. And we are now evaluating to get a new subscription or to change to RDM with the Enterprise server.

Is data traffic between RDM and RDM Server encrypted? And how is the Password Vault data stored on the RDM Server?

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

Encrypting the traffic between the desktop client and the RDMS instance requires the use of https, which is simple to implement. If you want to protect traffic even further, you would encrypt it as well between the RDMS instance and the SQL Instance.

By default, only passwords are encrypted using AES 256 bit encryption. You can also encrypt the session configuration using a passphrase or a private key. This is described in http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/administration_securityproviders.htm

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi pmeinzer

This post is a little bit old, but I will ask you if you have found a solution for this problem. We have also this tool (passwordsafe.de) and we need to Import the Passwords in RDMS

Thank you
Oimanu

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

No change on Password safe. What formats can you export to using that tool?

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

we can Export in CSV or XML

Best regards,

Clock4 yrs

You want to do a one time import or have it integrated? The integration is not possible for now. We need PasswordSafe to create an API for us.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

For a one-time import, Our Import CSV wizard will handle your csv file format, you will just have to rename the columns as required. Send me your file header and I will help out.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Thank you for the answer. PasswordSafe said that they are programmig an API. We will attend.

Best regards,
Oimanu

Clock4 yrs