Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Support Teamviewer portable version

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I prefer not to instal teamviewer but use the portable version (portableapps.com/apps/utilities/teamviewer_portable).
The problem is that RDM is using Teamviewer.exe and the portable version is TeamviewerPortable.exe and it would not work...

It seems like a very small change to be able to pick the exe name...

Thanks

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
We already have this supported for some other types. I will add TeamViewer to this list.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

Sorry for the wait. There will be an "override default executable" option when choosing the installation path, so you can override the name of the .exe (and the path, too).
You can always access this in File -> Options -> Path -> Configure installation paths -> Teamviewer

The change will be available in an upcoming version.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

FYI, I just installed Free version 1.0.7.0 and TeamViewer did not work with the default settings. I had to select "Override default executable" and enter "TeamViewer.exe" as the override (I think this should have been the default) to make it work.
edited by dscheman on 10/30/2014

Clock5 yrs

I will verify but you're right that it should be the default.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
We can't reproduce it. What error do you get when you uncheck override default executable?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I get no feedback at all. I double-click on a session or right-click and select "Open Session" and absolutely nothing happens. If I go back and add "Teamviewer.exe" as the override, the same session works fine.

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

You're right, there was a problem with certain executable overrides. The fix is made and should be available in an upcoming version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

No problem at all. Glad I could help out a little bit. You guys have a fantastic product!

Clock5 yrs

I have updated the binaries of the version 1.0.7.0 with the hot fix.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Yep, that works. Thanks!

Clock5 yrs