Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Add Merge Scripts to Options for US/Tree View

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

Today I can select to Merge credentials but I'm missing the option to merge scripts/macro would this be possible.

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

Hi Ingvar
I don't understand. Why would you like to merge scripts/macro?
The whole point with them are that you use them globally throughout your RDM setup.

But, maybe you have your reasons. But I'm interested in knowing what scenario you are imagining.

//Brandur

//Brandur

Clock5 yrs

We have many customers with different scripts that are needed for each customer and my tree view are splitted up by the customers and I want to be able by one way or another to have what is customer related under that customers folder/group not down under in the scripts.

My ideal setup of tree view is something like this.
_MyCompany
- Credentials
- Spripts
Session1
Session2
And so on...
_Shared Config
- Credentials
- Spripts
- Information Folder (contacts and other thing like that)
Customer1
- Credentials
- Spripts
- Customer Information (used for contacts and other)
Session1
Session2
And so on...
Customer2
- Credentials
- Spripts
- Customer Information (used for contacts and other)
Session1
Session2
And so on...

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

And by the way Brandur...

Skilur þú Íslensku eins og flestir Færeyingar?

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

Jau smile

If you have individual scripts(which I use as well), why don't you just create a Script folder under each customer. Under that folder you have the sessions(PowerShell or Command Line).

I use these a lot. I especially use Command Line sessions and change the icon, link to 3rd party script tools etc.
You get the idea.

This way I have my "local" customer specific scripts and the global RDM Script/Macro is something that can be run on any customers session.

Remember to use variables to make your scripts as efficient and global as possible.

And just to point out. I'm not against the idea request you are purposing. I can't see it doing any harm.
But that is up to the RDM developers smile

//Brandur

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
we have a setting like that for the credentials. I'm pretty sure that we could add it for the scripts as well. I will enter a feature request.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs