Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

customized dashboard

• Create an Issue

Hi,
Would it be possible to implement an opportunity to customize the dashboard?
For example I can generate an XML with company logo, custom text and can input the links for "New Entry", "Add Session", "Add Credential Entry" in my own order.
This XML-Site I have to store in the installationpath, activate the customize dashboard in the options and on every start up the user first see the dashboard.

Best regards
Tobias
<em>edited by schiesslt on 4/10/2012</em>

best regards
Tobias

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I'm not sure I understand. Could you send me mock up of what you would try to customize?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I try to explain it a bit better.
actually I think the dashboard site is also in .Net -> is it possible to change it, to implement a xml or something else for easy customisation?
with e.g. XML everyone has the possibility to customize it. e.g. with its own company logo and the information he needs.
I quickly made a "custom" screenshot of the dashboard.

To access the entries like "Add session" there have to be an ID that is called / linked in the XML site, also with the information of expired objects or direct connections.

I hope it is a little bit better to understand my idea?
<em>edited by schiesslt on 4/10/2012</em>

best regards
Tobias

000349_20120410_Remote Desktop Manager.jpg
Clock7 yrs

I agree completely with Tobias! This is a fantastic idea!

-Brendan

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I like the idea. I will see what I can do.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

that would be great!!!
currently I'm the only one who uses rdm in the company.
if the custom dashboard would integrated, we would buy the rdm for the entire company.

Clock7 yrs

Any updates on this David?

-Brendan

Clock7 yrs

Nothing new on this side. Sorry guys but keep asking smile

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Any updates?

Clock7 yrs

We are very busy preparing our presentation for Microsoft Teched in Orlando. We have worked on the VMware integration and some security features. I hope to do a complete UI revision this summer including the dashboard

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

User specific customisable startup dashboard would be FANTASIC! Including like announcements from admins or other users smile

-Brendan

Clock7 yrs

any advances?

Clock7 yrs

This feature is not started yet

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

would this be implemented in RDM 8?

best regards
Tobias

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I hope that we will have the time. I'm nearly done with the new UI (ribbon + docking). However we want to keep releasing a new version every 3 months and I hope that we have the time to complete this. This request and the Xen Server integration are the most popular request these days.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Bump! This would be a great feature.

Clock4 yrs