Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

How to configure vSphere PowerCLI session ?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,
I'm trying to configure vSphere PowerCLI session, but I'm unable to make it working. I'm using a Powershell connection type, but I'm not sure if it is correct.

Does anyone have done this type of session ?

thanks in advance
Regards,
Davide

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I've never done this. Do you received an error or a message?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

This is a shortcut of vSphere PowerCLI
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -psc "C:\Programmi\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\vim.psc1" -noe -c ". \"C:\Programmi\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\Scripts\Initialize-PowerCLIEnvironment.ps1\""

I have configured session with:
"C:\Programmi\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\vim.psc1" -noe -c ". \"C:\Programmi\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\Scripts\Initialize-PowerCLIEnvironment.ps1\""

The error message I receive is following (sorry, but my o.s. is in italian):

Termine 'C:\Programmi\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere' non riconosciuto come nome di cmdlet, funzione, programma eseguibile o file script. Controllare l'ortografia del nome o verificare che il percorso sia incluso e corretto, quindi riprovare.
In riga:1 car:43
+ C:\Programmi\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere <<<< PowerCLI\vim.psc1 -noe -c ."C:\Programmi\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\Scripts\Initialize-PowerCLIEnvironment.ps1"
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Programmi\VM...ructure\vSphere:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

It seems a problem with a space in the path, though it is enclosed into "......"

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Could you try to use the single quote instead:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1673967/how-to-run-exe-in-powershell-with-parameters-with-spaces-and-quotes

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs