Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Data entry

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

we would like to use the credential as data entry. Is this possible?

Thanks

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
What do you mean exactly? I'm not sure that I understand. Could you please explain to me your use case?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I'm going to add to resiliences's request as I know what he need.
First, we are changing our password management from Keepass to RDM v7. The goal for us is to maintain only 1 single database/software.
The problem we have now is:
- Credential entry made in RDM cannot be seen easily as it used to be in Keepass. When you click on a credential entry group you don't see the list of credentials in the dashboard.
- Workaround this by creating dataentry instead of credential entry makes it for the dashboard view. But then, we cannot use those dataentries as credentials source for connections. In other words, if we create a dataentry to store the login/password, we cannot use that in a RDP connection for example.
The request is to either see the credentials list in the dashboard (and even have an eye button to reveal the password directly in the list would be great for us) or to be able to use a dataentry as credential source for a connection.
Hope I was clear smile

Clock7 yrs

So the initial request should have been "use data entry as credential"? I will think of an easy way to do that, but I definitively see the benefits.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

What about the possibility to view credential entry from the credential repository in the dashboard ? Might be easyer to implement and would be great for us too smile

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
This will be in the next minor update planned for today.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Great ! Thanks

Clock7 yrs

Have you tried it?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Yes i did.
The dashboard view of credentials is nice. What would be realy perfect would be to be able to view the login/password (hidden or no) directly in the dashboard.
Infact, we are using RDM not only to store the connection we need for our clients. We have a lot of credentials that don't belong to a connection. They are here to be seen by our technician when they need them on site. And when they are on site, usualy, they are in offline mode (no SQL connection). Being in offline mode, they cannot edit the credtential entry to see the pass...
Actualy we workaround that by using the "copy to clipboard" feature. But it's not as easy and fast as Keepass used to be.

Do you think this could be made ? A very powerfull way would be to be able to change the columns we see in the dashboard and be able to add login/domain/password... maybe change the order of the columns, be able to sort them... set password as hidden or no... Well, you get the idear smile

I have another request. I know i should open a new thread about it but it's faster to ask here.
Is there a way to set the database setting so it force user to enter the database connection password ? We have set every installation to not store the password, but nothing prevent the final user to change that setting smile
<em>edited by mbozio on 3/15/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I will see what I can do. Those are great suggestions. I will see what I can do for the next version. For your last question, the only way to do that is to configure the data source and Lock it. Your user wont be able to edit it if it's locked.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Thank you for the reply. I'll setup all installation and lock them.

By next release you mean next minor ? Anyway, you did a great job so far ! Thank you again for that smile

Clock7 yrs

I don't think that I will be able to add this in a minor release but we will work in PVM 3.0 and this might be included in this version. This mean that it will be transferred really soon in RDM after (they share the same code base).

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Good to ear smile

Waitting for next release smile

Clock7 yrs