Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Macro/Script/Tools

Credentials Repository in Variables

Hello,

I don't know if it has been discussed before but my search doesn't make results.
Is there a possibility to use in the variables the credentials repository entry informations.
I would like to use Username, Password and Domain stored in the Credential Repository.

Thanks ans have a nice day!
<em>edited by pseudomix on 2/29/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

Could you give me more details? You want to use it in a session script tool applied to a session? Do you have an example?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Yes we want to use session script tools.
We have to seperate Active directory domains to manage. With the first we use our current session credentials that are domains admins, so no problem.
But we want to use the same session script tools to manage the other domain. Our stations are not a part of this domain and all the scripts don't work because we are not identified to this domain.
We can't make a domain link and we wan't use the Session specific credentials because it will increase drastically the maintenance of our 200 sessions.
This is an example of Session script tool that we want to use in both domains:

@ECHO ON
set server=%1
set domain%2
set username=%3
set password=%4
CALL pstools\PsExec.exe -u %username% -p %password% \\%server% pandora.exe /mode silent /response-file response.file
CALL copy /Y pandora_agent.conf "\\%server%\c$\pandora_agent\"
CALL pstools\psservice -u %username% -p %password% \\%server% stop PandoraFMSAgent
CALL pstools\psservice -u %username% -p %password% \\%server% start PandoraFMSAgent

We start the script with this:

.\tools\Scripts\Install_Pandora.cmd $HOST$ $DOMAIN$ $USERNAME$ $PASSWORD$

it works with session specific credentials but we would like to use the Credentials Repository.

Thanks for your help

Clock7 yrs

Have you been forward with this topic?

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I thought that I had fixed that. Have you tried the version 7.0.3.0?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I have just tried with version 7.0.3.0.
Now i have the password in my script but i still don't have the username and domain.
This is my batch launched by "Update_BGinfo.cmd $HOST$ $DOMAIN$ $USERNAME$ $PASSWORD$":

@ECHO ON
set host=%1
set domain=%2
set username=%3
set password=%4
pause

Result output:

C:\Remote Desktop Manager\tools\scripts>set host=myHost
C:\Remote Desktop Manager\tools\scripts>set domain=My_Credential_Repository_Password!!!
C:\Remote Desktop Manager\tools\scripts>set username=
C:\Remote Desktop Manager\tools\scripts>set password=
C:\Remote Desktop Manager\tools\scripts>pause
Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...

So i can say that Only Host and password have been transmitted to the command line.

Hope this help.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I have reproduced the problem and it's now fixed. This will be in the next release. Just make sure to enable the password in variable. This setting is in the Advanced tab page of the session setting.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs