Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Maintenance tool

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

Today we need to manually maintain the validity of the records, delete old records...

What about a tool that help you maintain this by the following options:
- test connectivity to the content (if it's a RDP session, check port 3389, if it's telnet test port 23 Etc.)
- test the ability to open documents
- for those records that could not be validated, suggest to delete them if not accessed in the last x days.

the settings of the tool could include:
- x days of "not assessed"
- the action (could be delete maybe expire etc.)
- option to filter the records the tool runs on - list all the record types.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
It's a good idea for the refactoring section. I will enter a feature request but we won't be able to implement this for RDM 10

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Any news on this ?

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
We have a report called Entry Validity Report. This was created for that. We don't have everything like the x days last accessed but we validate the ping/port scan and if the document is valid.

Could you give it a try?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Nice report but now I need to start working on this (export, filter, find, delete / update), I think we need an automation tool that will give us an option do do something with the problematic entries.

Also (connected to another idea) what about changed information from AD (description for example) that is different now ?

The conclusion I this is that in big environments going one by one is a lot of work and auto maintenance is something RDM needs...

I think this will jump it to the next level.

Clock3 yrs

You're right. I will enter a feature request for something better than just a report.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs