Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Buitin Macro/Script/Tools

• Create an Issue

Hi,
I'd like the bultin Macro/Script/Tools (like Services, netstat,...) to use the credentials from the session instead of the user account who has started RDM.
Thanks for considering :-)
Peter

Clock5 yrs

i join peters request
and add that it should be configureable for macro/script/tools which credentials to use. the creds of selected entry for connect or another - like in entries

edited by SMG on 9/11/2014
edited by SMG on 9/11/2014

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock5 yrs

Hi guys,

Had you seen http://blog.devolutions.net/2014/07/use-session-credentials-to-run-tools-its-probably-your-best-bet.html ?

For a large portion of our community, using the current windows session credentials makes a lot of sense, thats why its the default.

For many others, myself included, using the session credentials is the only choice. I have therefore modified my "Default settings" for the session types that use the most (RDP, SSH, Host) to use Session Credentials instead.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Thank you, Maurice!

Which brings me to the next Feature Request:
Batch edit for Folders! <- I'd like to use batch edit on a folder to change all Childs.

Clock5 yrs

Hi Maurice,
i've seen the blog and i'm aware of these settings, but i can't get it work.
so i assumed that it is for another feature .......

i'll try again with some variations.

maybe the problem is, that it doesn't work across different domains?
i'm in domain A
but server i want to connect to is in domain B, there are no trusts, but i have a user in domain B with necessary rights

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock5 yrs

@Markus, we are currently looking at improving our domain trust handling.

This has become quite complex with time and we have only simple scenarios that we support, hopefully this will come quickly.

@Peter, do you mean just to enable the batch edit menu when you select a folder? It would require that all children be of the same type though...

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

We have big Folders with the same type of session (RDP OR SSH).
Multiselection of sessions is very slow, so selecting the folder and let RDM handle the rest would be the best solution.
You could break it down to just create the multiselection.

You could show a warning if multiple types are in a folder - and please show the conflicting types! And log the conflicting sessions somewhere.
Or display a selection dialog for which type this shall happen.

Clock5 yrs

@Peter

I have an really old todo to break down the type. It's harder than whan it seems but that something we can do. I will raise the priority. However I'm not sure we will be able to squeeze this for RDM 10. We release the RC Wednesday and the final version Monday.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs