Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Email from a contact card in RDM and another PDF.

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

For each customer I have created a folder with relevant information for the customer, this include System Diagram, link to our intranet information page for the customer, pdf with our technical system documentation and general information about the company.

There is one little tiny thing that have been irritation my for a while, when I look up the contact card (preview mode) and do not open it I cant click the email addresses to send a email directly so I always need to open the contact card to click there the email to button.

So my request is to be able to send the email directly at the customer from the contact card preview and/or with right clicking the contact in the nav pane and select "Send email" or something like that.

The second part of this request is to be able to use another PDF viewer to open embedded than Acrobat, I always use Foxit my self an only installs Acrobat for RDM or better would if you have it embedded in the distribution so you do no need to rely on pdf viewer outside RDM.

Regards
Ingvar

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
It's a good idea.

For the PDF viewer, we can't integrate Foxit. They have an SDK but it's very expensive to license. It's really not free. We support now in the advanced settings Firefox PDF Viewer, Acrobat and PDF-XChange Viewer

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Great to hear that you like my idea.

Regarding the PDF i understand that, so I will just attach Adobe Acrobat to the distribution of RDM.

Thanks for great product and great support on the forum.

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

The fastest pdf viewer I have ever used. SumatraPDF. I have used it for years.
http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/free-pdf-reader.html

I have not looked over the licence, but if it allows it. You should consider integrating this!
https://code.google.com/p/sumatrapdf/

//Brandur

//Brandur

Clock5 yrs

It seems like a nice pdf viewer. I'm sure it's easy to integrate it in external mode but not sure for the embedded mode. Does the external mode would be enough?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Sure. That would be fine.
As long as we could have have the portable SumatraPDF version in our central RDM location. So we didn't have to install it locally.

//Brandur

Clock5 yrs