Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Visio Viewer.

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I have attached in each customers folder in my RDM a system diagram of the customers environment which can be really important if you are solving a issue or just trying to find out which server you really need to log on to to take a look at a issue.

But now I need to open Visio to view this file so I wanted to request that you implement a Visio viewer embedded in RDM.

You could see some info here you need about making this happen -> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff768041%28v=office.15%29.aspx

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

We already have it embedded. Just make sure to select Viso as the attachment type.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I don't get that working I have it is already saved as Visio where it displays even a Visio icon. But it does not open embedded.

I have the file saved in the database.

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

Could you verify the error logs in Help->View Application Logs?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Only error I have there is for PDFAddOn.

I have also tried this on another PC with the same results, also tried now to attach the visio file in different ways and was about to attach it in a Visio 2013 format but that is not possible since it only looks at VSD files not VSDx files (which you can then add to your feature list)

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(String license, Guid clsid)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Guid clsid)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()
at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.PDFAddOn.FreEmbeddedPDFXViewer.InitializeComponent()
at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.PDFAddOn.FreEmbeddedPDFXViewer.DoInitializeComponent()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.FreBase..ctor()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedView..ctor()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedView..ctor(EmbededConnectionResult embededConnectionResult)
at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.PDFAddOn.FreEmbeddedPDFXViewer..ctor(String fileName, EmbededConnectionResult embededConnectionResult)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Connectors.EmbeddedPDFDocumentConnector.CreateFrame(EmbededConnectionResult result)

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

Got a new error now.

ObjectDisposedException - Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'ListViewXP'.

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.AutoResizeColumns(ColumnHeaderAutoResizeStyle headerAutoResize)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.GuiHelper.ResizeColumnsByContentAndHeader(ListView listView, Boolean distribute)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmImportNetworkScan.AddListViewItem(Connection connection)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmImportNetworkScan.backgroundWorker_ProgressChanged(Object sender, ProgressChangedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnProgressChanged(ProgressChangedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.ProgressReporter(Object arg)

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

What happen when you double click on the visio document? Does it open externally or nothing happened?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Open externally when i double click.

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

Is it configured embedded in the settings?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I cant select embedded it is all grayed out, I have tried to create new also to see if the option is then possible but with the same result.

I have taken a snap of it and shared it via TinyPic. As you can see I can't select embedded.
This is a snap from creating new.

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I think that I've found the problem. This will be resolved in the next beta release.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Great to hear that, just let me knows if you want me to test anything.

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

Have installed the new beta release but sorry there is no change in the behavior of Visio docs, even tried the new open embedded.

But now I can change the settings to Embedded in the properties.

I also tried to create a new Visio entry just.

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

Found and fixed the integration issue. Sorry about that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Works like charm now.

As I have seen before you and your folks are awesome!

Regards,
Ingvar Orn Ingolfsson
System Engineer
Axdata AS - Norway

Clock5 yrs

Thank you very much for your help. I've found the problem. It used to be an add-on but now it's integrated. The problem was that it was not invoking the embedded frame.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs