Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

no sessions from Dropbox Datasource

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

hi,

we have several connections.xml files in a dropbox account, with the windows version everything works fine.
But with the mac version we can only verify the dropbox account, but the application did not load any of the existing sessions created with the windows application. Is there any limitations in the current beta, or is that simply not working?

Hope someone can help us.

thanks

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
It use to work but maybe something has changed and it's broken. I will assign this to Benoit. He will be back from vacation next week.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

Everything should be working fine. Let's try to find what is not working for you.
Can you try to create a new Dropbox datasource from the Mac version and add a session in it?

Thank you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

yes, that works.

Clock6 yrs

Ok that's good.

What is the version number of both the Windows and Mac app you are using?

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Windows ist 9.9.10, and 9.2.10 working fine,
and MacOS is 0.9.70.0

Clock6 yrs

Ok I think I'm close to finding your problem.

Can you send me your Mac application log.

To do this Go to the Help menu of the Mac RemoteDesktopManager App and Click View Application Log...

You can then copy it and send it to me.

I should be able to fix your problem with that

Thank you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

HI,

here's the log

[05.09.2014 08:41:52]ERROR SILENT DropNet.Exceptions.DropboxException: Exception of type 'DropNet.Exceptions.DropboxException' was thrown.
at DropNet.DropNetClient.Execute (ApiType apiType, IRestRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DropNet.DropNetClient.GetFile (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DropBoxConnectionDataSource.c27c065126d914a53b96760dfe211a34f () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[05.09.2014 08:42:07]ERROR SILENT DropNet.Exceptions.DropboxException: Exception of type 'DropNet.Exceptions.DropboxException' was thrown.
at DropNet.DropNetClient.Execute (ApiType apiType, IRestRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DropNet.DropNetClient.GetFile (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DropBoxConnectionDataSource.c27c065126d914a53b96760dfe211a34f () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Clock6 yrs

Ok that surprise me a lot. You don't have the problem I thought you have.

Can you make a screen shot of your Dropbox configuration and send it to me ?

Thank you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

I've made some investigations and I found a possible way this can happen.
When you validated your drop box account, if you only saw this screen, it's possible that you were logged in with an other account.

Dropbox+Allow

It's important that you make sure you have the correct account logged in. Otherwise, Remote Desktop Manager will think that the account is correctly validated but in reality, you will authenticate with the other account and create your sessions in the wrong place.

We will try to make this less error prone.

Tell me if you need anymore help.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Dropbox Allow.png
Clock6 yrs

Hi,

okay tried it some times, but nothing changed.
Iam always logged on with one Dropbox account, and the validation works and says validated.
But after that also an empty sessions list upset

Clock6 yrs

Can you make a screen shot of your Dropbox configuration on windows and Mac and send it to me ?

You can send it directly to me at bsansregret at devoultions.net

Thank you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

okay, mail is sent to you, hope that helps to find out the problem.

Clock6 yrs

after wrong/missconfigured local session store folder, everything works fine.
thanks

Clock6 yrs