Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

After disconnect event on VPN-Sessions

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Please implement the "After disconnect" in the Events Tab of a VPN-Session

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
What type of event do you want (command line, script, macro)?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

command line

we add a route prior to connect to the vpn server and we want to remove it after disconnect. the route has nothing to do with the vpn network itself. we need to route the vpn tunnel over a specific gateway.

Clock5 yrs

Have you tried the route feature in the VPN?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

as i wrote. it is necessary to define a rout before we can connect the vpn tunnel because the tunnel has to be routet over a specific Gateway.

after the tunnel is disconnected we want to disable this specific Routing. it has nothing to do with the traffic in the tunnel.

when i use the "before disconnect" of the tunnel to remove the route the tunnel cannot be closed in a clean way because it is simply destroyed because the pptp packets do not find the way to the Destination any more.

to describe the Situation a litte better: all of out technicans are connecting to our customers over a internal geteway but it is not possible to define this gateway as their default gateway. so we have to do a routing.

there is no better solution and it would work without any Problem if we could use the "after disconnect" event. is it so hard to implement this?

Clock5 yrs

No it's not hard to implement but we have a kind of after event like that I thought you could use it:

http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/settings_postprevpncommands.htm

Tutorial
http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/tipsandtricks_vpnroutes.htm

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

but this commands are executed BEFORE the tunnel is disconnected.
i need them to be executed AFTER the tunnel has disconnected.

could you implement this feature-request in the next release?

Clock5 yrs

I already entered a feature request for that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs