Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - AddOns

Helpdesk / Ticket System

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello together

Is there a good Ticket / Helpdesk system which integrates with RDM?
Or which ticket system are you guys / devolution using?

Best regards
Patrick

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
We don't have any specific helpdesk/ticket system integrated but it's simple to integrate it with the web protocol handler:

http://blog.devolutions.net/2014/06/a-dream-come-true-web-protocol-handler.html

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

@David,

Since your comment, has there been any addons/extensions to support an integration between some sort of IT ticketing system?

HB

Clock9 mths

Not yet. Do you have a suggestion?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

We did a lot of testing and went for www.helpspot.com it is very simple, but can master a log of things. We have it on site but it's the same price if it's hosted. It has a Zapier integration and a great API. We are using it for 5 years now, and are still very happy.

Clock9 mths

@David,

Is the existing Task system extensible in any way via Addons or other means? Seems like this area of the application could be developed a tad bit further to enable some sort of workable ticketing system. Ideal features it's currently missing:

1) A way to relate/link to other tasks
2) A way to update a new comment/description to a task that is SEPARATE from the original comments, that way you can see the tasks progression (with timestamps)
3) HTML Editor view for the comment/description
4) Easy hierarchical view of task items (i.e. if I click a folder, then when I view tasks I should have a option to see all sub-layered connections Tasks as well)
5) A way to prevent a connection/entry from being able to have a task (i.e. When you want all tasks to be added at the folder level vs a connection/entry). Perhaps this would be disabled by default (or opt-in-able).

Ideally, these would be great areas of improvement for the application itself.

HB

Clock4 mths

Thank you for the ideas. I will create a ticket for that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths