Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Advanced Logging Options

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hey,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have advanced logging options for connections.

We have a few clients that we need to contact when connecting to their sites, however the connections are left open for us (as our access is business critical).

If we could prompt for a log at disconnect, with a custom message, which will then add to the DB as usual, and also send an email to a specified email address (possibly with check boxes for including the logon time, the logoff time, the local computer, and the local user)?

Cheers mate

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

Let me summarize your request to make sure I understood what you want correctly.
You want an option on a session that will trigger these action when the session disconnect:
-Show the connection log and a custom message to the user
-Save this log in the DB
-Send an email to a specified user about the connection that was used (Including optional information about logon and logoff time, local computer and local user).

The goal of the email you want is only to notice the recipient that the connection was used?

One last question, is it possible that you wanted to post this message on the Windows version Feature Request?

Thank you for your suggestion

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hey Benoit,

Yeah that all sounds about right.

And oops – I read feature request and jumped into the forum!! Windows is correct.

Cheers

Clock5 yrs

Your request has been moved to the correct forum

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi Will,
I have entered a feature request for that but I'm not sure how easy it will be. I think we might have to add this to the server edition.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Cheers David,

We were thinking of buying RDM on a regular site licence....we weren't thinking about buying Server as well - Perhaps you could also get sales to contact me as to the benefits / need for server edition?

Thanks Again

Clock5 yrs

Hi Will,

I just sent you an email.

Thanks!

Maxime Trottier

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs