Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Add-on for Microsoft SCCM 2007 remote control?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We use Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007 and I would like to find a way to launch their remote control tool (rc.exe) from Remote Desktop Manager much as I already do for RDP, putty, VNC and other like sessions.

An add-on for a newer version of SCCM (2010, I think) was created earlier this year, but it doesn't work for SCCM 2007.

The complete path to the SCCM remote control tool is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager Console\AdminUI\bin\i386\rc.exe" and the command-line information is as follows:

---------------------------
Configuration Manager Remote Control
---------------------------
Usage:
RC.exe 0 <ResourceID> [\\Site Server Name\]
where Resource ID is the ConfigMgr Resource ID of the machine.
or
RC.exe 1 <Address> [\\Site Server Name\]
where Address is the IP Address or hostname of the machine.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,
Eric

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I will ask André to update the add-on so it also support this version.

Thank you for the details.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
I will ask André to update the add-on so it also support this version.

Thank you for the details.

Did André update the add-on yet? I'd love to be able to integrate SCCM 2007's remote control into RDM.

Thanks,
Eric

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I think he did but you need RDM beta to have the latest add-on. I will double check with him to be sure.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
Yes, the add-on has been updated and it is available with the beta version.
Best regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I upgraded to 9.4.12.0 and I don't see it yet. I see System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2 but not 2007.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
The SCCM 2012 Add-on has been updated to be 2007 compatible.
It's an option in the setting form.
Best regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I found those options after updating the add-on as well as RDM. However, it doesn't seem to be working.

I've entered in a proper hostname, I left the site server name box blank (its optional and I don't want to specify one) and I checked the box for SCCM 2007.

When I launch, I receive the SCCM screen from the first post in this thread that displays when you use an incorrect command-line parameter.

I would like to be able to perform the equivalent of "rc.exe 1 <hostname>" which should connect me to the hostname that I specify. It's not working in the RDM 9.5 beta with the latest SCCM add-on.

Thanks,
Eric

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
Could you try this version instead ?
We don't have every environments to test.
You just have to replace the dll in your %LocalAppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager
Sorry for any inconvenient
Regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

SCCM20122.0.1.1.zip
Clock5 yrs

It works better and does eventually allow me to connect to the host, however SCCM prompts me for my credentials.

I have RDM configured to use credentials from my credential repository. If you cannot somehow pass credentials to the application, can you run the process (similar to the "runas" command) using the credentials from my repository?

If I manually launch rc.exe, I get prompted for my credentials. If I use runas /user:<admin user name> rc.exe, I do not get prompted for credentials.

So, RDM might need to launch the actual process using the credentials specified from the repository.

Thanks,
Eric

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I adapted the add-on to support "RunAs" behavior but it's not tested.
For now it should work with a credential repository.
If you confirm that it works I will also add the Username/Password fields in the add-on settings.
Best regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

SCCM20122.0.2.1.zip
Clock5 yrs

No change. The rc.exe still pops-up and asks for my credentials. I am using the credential repository setting in RDM.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
You say that with RunAS it works. Are you using the /savecred option to avoid entering password ?
Regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

No. RunAs itself asks for the password and I type it in, but rc.exe accepts that and does not further prompt me.

I'm not suggesting that RDM actually shell out and execute RunAs but rather programatically perform the same function using the credentials specified in the repository.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
Could you send a print screen of the login form of SCCM ?
it's maybe possible to fill it automatically.
Regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I have attached a screen capture of rc.exe asking for credentials when I launched it from the command line: "rc.exe 1 <hostname>"

8-7-2014 1-54-36 PM.jpg
Clock5 yrs

Hi,
It's a last try before to try to fill the login form automatically.
If it doesn't work, next Monday I will implement the login form detection.
Best regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

SCCM20122.0.2.2.zip
Clock5 yrs

This one worked great!

When I used a valid entry from the credential repository that has rights to remote to the workstation, it passed my credentials right through and the workstation came up in the SCCM rc.exe tool.

When I used an entry from the credential repository that does not have rights, rc.exe prompted me for my credentials. That is also what should happen.

If you need more testing for situations not using the credential repository, I'm happy to help.

Also, is there any way to have this work embedded in RDM too?

Thanks,
Eric

Clock5 yrs