Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Automatic undock of the cont. ping Session Tool

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I frequently find myself in a situation of rebooting multiple servers simultaneously. I like to run the continuous ping session tool to do gross monitoring of the system states. With the continuous ping docked, its impossible at a glance to see the state of the machines. It would be nice if continuous ping could be configured to automatically undock.

Thanks Much
Lance

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I have added this to our todo list. Just to be sure I understand, you have to undock them manually?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
I have added this to our todo list. Just to be sure I understand, you have to undock them manually?

Yes, I have to undock and resize manually.

Lance

Clock7 yrs

It's implemented now and this will be in the next release.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

It's implemented now and this will be in the next release.

Now that is WAY cool...thanks!

Clock7 yrs

I am not seeing how this is implemented (Version 7.0.2.0)

Could you tell me where to find in the info in the manual?

Thanks
Lance

Clock7 yrs

I'm really sorry, I have added the option but forgot to add it in the UI. Take a look into remotedesktopmanager.cfg (%LocalAppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager) and change the value to true for PingContinuousUndocked

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

I'm really sorry, I have added the option but forgot to add it in the UI. Take a look into remotedesktopmanager.cfg (%LocalAppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager) and change the value to true for PingContinuousUndocked

An observation, and a question

First, exit RDM BEFORE editing the cfg file. RDM writes its current config back to the file on exit.

Question:

Is there a way to specify window size on the undocked PING window?

Thanks
Lance
<em>edited by lancej on 3/9/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

It's supposed the use the same room as available when it's not docked. For now it's not possible to specify the size. By the way the option has been added and it's will be in the next update.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

It's supposed the use the same room as available when it's not docked. For now it's not possible to specify the size. By the way the option has been added and it's will be in the next update.

Figured that out...So, I did this work-around. Reduce the size of the RDM window to the bare minimum while still seeing at least part of the Continuous Ping Link. Select and go. The windows will be much smaller.

So...thinking this was nifty, I showed it to the co-workers. While all being suitably impressed, they immediately came up with additional suggestions.

The one that was most interesting was the creation of "Ping Groups" a list of hosts that would typically be "Continously Pinged" for whatever reason. When selected, the ping windows would tile within the RDM window...think "Brady Bunch".

The other (see size work-around) would be a horizontal scroll bar. When reducing the main window size, A vertical scroll bar appears, but no horizontal scroll bar.

Regardless, the current mods already are greatly appreciated.

Lance

Clock7 yrs