Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

RDMS Users can't view passwords

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm trying to sort out why my user's can't view passwords in RDMS. I've got a role tied to an AD group and it allows add, create, delete, etc, but not reveal password.

I've got other Roles in different RDMS databases setup similarly and they seem to work fine so i'm not sure what's going on with this one.

What can I look at to troubleshoot this?

Clock6 yrs

The "reveal password" is rather a privilege than a permission, as it applies to the whole data source. When granted to a user in the left hand panel of the permissions screen, it displays the little "eye" button besides the passwords in the credentials entries and sessions.

I would need to see a sample of one that works as you expect, compared to the one that does not.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Not sure what config you need to see.
RDMS+good

RDMS+bad

RDMS good.PNG
RDMS bad.PNG
Clock6 yrs

good,

With the user that doesnt work as you expect, can you run the File-My data source information tool and use the "send to support" function, its a button with an envelope as the icon

thanks

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I just sent you the support stuff. From David Crow

Clock6 yrs

Any word on this? I really need to get my folks access.

Clock6 yrs

My tests prove that everything works as expected in the latest production release. The screenshot you titled "Good" doesn't have any security groups defined, we cannot compare the two.

Please pm me your contact details.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Well in the Good one, I just give everyone access to everything, but in the Finance I have some sub groups.

Am I doing something wrong? The view Edit, and Delete permissions part seem to be working right. It's just the View Password that is not.

Clock6 yrs