Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Provide option to disable multiple session prompt

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I use Remote Desktop Manager as my primary RDP tool and love it. More often than not, I open more than one RDP session (to different computers) at a time. When I do so, I am prompted with the Remote Desktop Manager pop-up asking "Do you really want to open x sessions?" where x is the amount I have selected. I understand the need to protect the user from themselves with this powerful feature, but I suspect some power users like me are aware of the risks and still want the ability to open the sessions without having to answer the popup every time. Ideally, I think an option the General Tab / UI options with "Verify multiple sessions" and a default value of true (or checked) would be ideal.

-justpaul

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
This can be added easily. I will try to squeeze this for the next release. What I could also suggest is to prompt also when you try to open more than X sessions. For example more than 5 at the time?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

That would be perfect. Thanks!

Clock7 yrs

Actually, let me be a bit more clear. I think the best solution would be either:
a) true or false setting (checked or not checked)
b) user adjustable value of max sessions opened before being prompted, with the default value being 5.

Hard-coding it at 5 implies that all users would not open more than 5 at a time on a regular basis.

-justpaul

Clock7 yrs