Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Sites and data sources

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I have a pretty neat idea, for sites to look at certain data sources. Instead of using the drop down for changing data sources. It would be nice to expand the tree and look at remote sites, data sources.

Any takers?

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Do you talk about the new group type named site? If it's the case, this is something that I plan to add to filter the data. I'm not sure if this will be implemented in the version 7.0 but its something that I have in mind.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

6.9.6.0 has either folders or sites. What would be nice, is to link sites, into data sources that can be viewed, instead of the drop down.

Clock7 yrs

That's what I have in mind too. We will also introduce more concept soon for the grouping and the inheritance.
<em>edited by dhervieux on 1/27/2012</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Cool.

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

That's what I have in mind too. We will also introduce more concept soon for the grouping and the inheritance.
edited by dhervieux on 1/27/2012

Is there any more detail/documentation about "Sites" and it's use and functional distinction between "Groups"?

Clock7 yrs

For now the distinction is only visual. This is a work in progress and eventually you will be able to inherit values from the site or filter by site.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Cool - I like the idea - I'll start building it out with expectation of greater things in the future!

Clock7 yrs

Since I work in 3 separate environments and I'm using an .XML datasource on Dropbox (so it "follows me"), I'd like to be able to do all my dev-type work in one file, where with Sites I can keep them separated (I'm currently keeping 3 separate .XMLs which I'm not crazy about). But then, I would like to be able to export sessions for only a given site so that I might be able to share my sight-specific work with people at that site. So, might this be a feature request consideration for your Site functionality?

Clock7 yrs

This could be possible. We might also implement a Sync service.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs