Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Announcement

Remote Desktop Manager Server (Beta)

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/remotedesktopmanager/Company/PressRelease?idOrName=Devolutions-Launches-RDMS

Mélissa Gagnon

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Congratulations on the release!

I'm currently trialling the Remote Desktop Manager for 4-5 users and would love more integration with Active Directory. Problem is for a support group our size the price difference between self-hosted RDM Enterprise and RDMS is enormous:

RDM: $224.99
RDMS: $4999.99

Any chance the AD integration in RDMS will make its way in to RDM Enterprise?

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
At the official product launch, we will have a special price. We also plan for the a lite version of the server later this year. This version will be limited with the maximum user count and it will be more affordable for the small business.

It's really hard to integrate the active directory group directly in RDM for performance reason. We have to load al the session and filter them out. With the server, we can have a cache and use it to accelerate the performance.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

on connecting to RDMS:
<em>edited by Xanacas on 1/28/2012</em>

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
From the log, I think that your RDMS configuration is wrong. It's seems to try to connect to devolutions.net. What url have you entered to connect the RDMS? For example, if you machine name is SERVERRDM and virtual directory is RDM. The url should be:

http://SERVERRDM/RDM

Also, in the configuration of the database, please ensure that you have entered a user (sa for example) and not the Integrated Security because IIS does not have access to the database by default.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

http://localhost/rdms/
if i open this url in my browser i can login to rdms, see my account and the configured users. but when i try to connect to RDMS by RDM i get the error...

Clock8 yrs

Excellent however in RDM, what configuration do you have?

RDMSConfig

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

RDMSConfig.png
Clock8 yrs

Also, what version of RDM and RDMS do you use?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

when i postet the error i was at aktual RDM beta and RDMS0.9.0.
after your post i just tried the online update through remotedesktopmanager console. no i can connect to RDMS-Source, but i'm unable to see my sessions. on installing RDMS i created a new database, now i've created 2 sessions, but my sessiontree is empty

edit:
my sq-user is sysadmin and DBOwner...

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I realized that I haven't changed the version number and I just uploaded a new RDMS zip file. Could you try to update again and make sure you use the version 6.9.6 of RDM. We have added a caching functionality on the server and client and this might explain why your tree is empty.

Sorry for all those troubles but this will disappear as soon as we will have released both official release.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

i've downloaded the RDM binaries some hours ago, its 6.9.6. and i've updated RDMS again, but i have no connections in my tree.
the sql table connections is empty too

Clock8 yrs

Sorry about that, I have introduced a bug and I will fix it today. Thank you for your help

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

It's now fixed and i have uploaded the new version 0.9.3.0 of the server.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

i've tried to update the server using the online update, but it seems that the updater isn'T loading the a new version.
current version of RDMS is still 0.9.1.0

Clock8 yrs

there is an unhendled exeption if i click on "security groups" (at the RDMS Website), i think the reason is, that i haven't got any group:

deleted...
<em>edited by Xanacas on 1/29/2012</em>

Clock8 yrs

Could you verify, I have uploaded the version 0.9.4 but this time I have uploaded it on the RDM and RDMS web site. I have verified and it supposed to take it on RDMS but I have taken a chance. I also fixed the crash with the security group and some small problem in the user management? Are you able now to see the session?

Thank you for you help.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

upgrading through "download from web" still seems not to work, everythink works fine but my versionnumeber is still 0.9.1.
i will download the binaries now from the website, i think this should work...
edit: the result:
manual upgrade with the .0.9.3 zip file was successful, after this i tried the download from web again and now i was back to 0.9.1....
one more again to 0.9.3 on the manual way, now i'm able to see the session, but only the new one - not the old one (as expected, the connections table was empty too)
<em>edited by Xanacas on 1/29/2012</em>

Clock8 yrs

I think that the old one was never created because of a silent bug that I have fixed. What I don't understand is that you should be at the version 0.9.4 from the web. I just tried here my server was upgraded from 0.9.2 to 0.9.4

Here is the direct link to download it:

http://remotedesktopmanagerserver.com/download/RDMS/RDMS.0.9.4.0.zip

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

now it works, I'm on 0.9.4
thank your for your PM David.

Clock8 yrs