Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Certificate management

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
is it possible to add a feature to upload and manage certificates and select a date when it expires?
I know with SQL I can upload attachments, thats fine, but when I set a expiration date I would have to be informed a period of time before (e.g. 4 weeks) that I can extend the certificate.

best regards
Tobias

Clock7 yrs

Excellent idea #schiesslt smile
We have a lot of certificates in different places and because we all use RDM every day, it would be ideal to have all of them in our RDM.
Informing(Pop-up) thru RDM before expiration date, would be a very important feature.

//Brandur

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Just to be sure I understand. The solution would be to add an expiration date to an attachment and add a notification?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Yes thats correct.
But for me only a notification on the Dashboard, no popup.

best regards
Tobias

Clock7 yrs

i think this could be something for RDMS, you could just add a certificate store of a computer to monitore. and create an alert if one of the certificates expires...

Clock7 yrs

I could still really use/miss this feature/Data Entry possibility in RDM.
Maybe you make a new "Data Entry" for Certificates(see basic relevant fields/information: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738650%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

Easiest method for the user, would be to be able to attache the certificate itself to the "Certificate" "Data Entry" and then RDM would extract the relevant information from the specific certificate.
This could be combined with some kind of alarm(pop-up should be optional) when certificate is about to run out("Valid to").

The Data Entry/Certificate could be in use on multiple servers/devices in an environment, so to be able to link/bind the Certificate Data Entry to other Data Entry's in RDM would be a very smart way of warning a user, if one tries to delete a Data Entry in RDM that is linked to a Certificate Data Entry or the other way around.

Regarding link/bind option, I do believe this is a more general function I miss in RDM. A option to link/bind Data Entry's together(get a warning or/and refuse deletion of Data Entry(s) until Data Entry has been unlinked manually).

This post got a bit longer then I imagined, but I hope you see that I have tried to give this "some" thought wink

Thank you for your time as usual David smile
<em>edited by UggaBugga on 3/6/2012</em>

//Brandur

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I have taken multiple notes. I will see what I can do but I see many interesting ideas

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I have tested the attachment feature.
Is there a possibiltiy to add a new checkbox (e.g. with Certificate), because at the moment I had to check "account".
On the "Certificate" Tab I need only a "Password" field.
And it would be fine, when I get a notification (on startup from RDM) that a certificate expires in e.g. 30 days
Also fine would be the possibility to add more attachments to one data entry an set for each attachment (certificate) its own expiration date, also I had to add a new data entry for each certificate.
Best regards
Tobias
<em>edited by schiesslt on 4/2/2012</em>

best regards
Tobias

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I have added your two features request. The first one should be easy to add quickly

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

is this on your shorter roadmap?

best regards
Tobias

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
The next major release will be able to handle this scenario. Unfortunately it's not planned before this summer.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

can we add warrenty status and expiration too? and notification befor licenses expired
edited by Martin on 2/4/2013

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Could you elaborate on warranty status? What do need to save?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

We need, infomation like 24/7, nbd (next Business day), Supportcontact (Call Number), the Expiration and a Notification Date

Notification would be good for:
- Warrenty Status
- Licenses (Antivirus, Antispam, etc.)
- (Scheduled Task)

Clock6 yrs

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

can you say me if this features is included in the version 12.4.4.0 ?

regards
Vincent

Clock2 yrs

Which feature exactly? There is a lot of features mentioned in this topic.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

hi,

this feature:
-----
Is there a possibiltiy to add a new checkbox (e.g. with Certificate), because at the moment I had to check "account".
On the "Certificate" Tab I need only a "Password" field.
And it would be fine, when I get a notification (on startup from RDM) that a certificate expires in e.g. 30 days
Also fine would be the possibility to add more attachments to one data entry an set for each attachment (certificate) its own expiration date, also I had to add a new data entry for each certificate.
Best regards
-----

Mostly, the notification for expiration date .

regards

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
I'm not sure we will be able to add this for the next update. It's more work than it appears.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs