Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

RDM as a CMDB

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Just a future thought...
RDM already centralize all of the systems / machines in the organization.
Why not add some kind of Change Management (CMDB) options to expand in the further future to a ticketing system...

Just think about it smile

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
We already have plan to expand the product with more management stuff. Could you give me more details about what kind of feature you expect?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I was thinking something like another tab on the settings with the ability to add lines to explain the change.
You also need some kind of a small ticketing application to create a new change requests, than assign them to a user in the user list.
Maybe an approval list or task list for the change to be made/approved by the user.

Clock7 yrs

It's interesting. Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi - have there been some specific development on this front since 2012? I'm deploying RDM and my next project is an CMDB solution and I get the feeling that with some addition/new usage RDM could do most of the things we need from an CMDB.

The requirements are mostly:
a) ability to "link" issues in JIRA (issue trackingI to CI's (entries) - not sure how this would work
b) bring additional information into the RDM database (SLA,etc) - pretty easy with custom variables

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
For now there is nothing new but that really something we want to do eventually.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Is there any way this can be connected to an existing CMDB like ServiceNow or BMC?

Clock3 yrs