Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - AddOns

OpenVPN and RDM 6.9.3.0

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello
I have a problem with OpenVpn add-on and RDM 6.9.3.0.
Every time I start the application, Add-On manager ask me to install this add-on (and only this), even if I choose the INSTALL button.
I have completely reinstalled from fresh RDM, but the problem still occurs

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Davide

image.jpg
Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I'm not able to reproduce it but you are not the first one with this problem. Could you try to delete the add-on from the Add Manager in Tools?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
no, I'm not able, because the add-on does not appear installed. I also tried to manually copy the add-on (OpenVPNAddOn.dll), but the next time RDM starts, the file is deleted from the folder, and for RDM, it is not installed. It seems to be a loop.....

UPDATE: I have also uninstalled RDM with Revo Uninstaller (that cleans folders and registry); manually deleted remaining folders; reinstalled RDM. the first thing occurs is the Add-on Manager pop up asking to install Openvpn. upsetupsetupset
edited by dadep on 1/9/2012

2nd UPDATE: I have solved the annoying pop-up problem setting the MISSING ADD-ON DIRECTIVE to "do nothing", but is impossible to install the OpenVpn add-on (and I cannot use my RDM remote sessions using it).
<em>edited by dadep on 1/9/2012</em>

Clock9 yrs

When you have manually copied the file, where have you copied it? In the application folder or in %LocalAppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

I have copied the file in both folders

Clock9 yrs

And you still received the error? Ok, let's try something else. If you create a new blank data source. Are you able to add the Open VPN entry? Is it possible for you to send me the data source? Could you send me a print screen of your about box?
<em>edited by dhervieux on 1/9/2012</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Yes, i still receive the error. I cannot share the datasource because it contains all my customer sessions. I have created a new blank datasource, but OpenVpn vpn type is not available, because the add-on is not installed.
Attached the About screenshot, and here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18702130/RDM_Test.avi you can download a brief video I have recorded from my pc about my problem.

If is still available, can you send me old OpenVpn release, so I try to install it.

thanks

RDM_VpnSession.jpg
RDM_AboutBox.jpg
Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I was able to reproduce it but not explain it. I fixed the problem with this updated add-on. Could you try to use unzip it instead of the previously installed one?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

OpenVPNAddOn[1][2].zip
Clock9 yrs

Hi,
yes, I was able to install this version, but cannot save server parameters in connection options, and when I save the session, receive a box with following error:

Unexpected error, contact us at remotedesktopmanager.com

NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OpenVPNAddOn.OpenVPNEditor.SaveFromControls()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.VPN.FreAddOnVPNSettings.SaveFromControls(VPNConnection vpnConnection)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionSettings.FreVPNConnectionSettings.SaveConnectionFromControls(Connection connection, ConnectionType connectionType, String connectionSubType)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmConnection.SaveConnectionFromControls(Connection connection)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmConnection.butOk_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

thank you for your time

Davide
<em>edited by dadep on 1/10/2012</em>

Clock9 yrs