Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Groups

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is it possible to create a group connections link where by selecting a particular group you can connect to all sessions in the group. This would be good as often there is a need to connect to number of sessions at one time and rather than having to select all of them each time it would be easier to just select a predefined group.

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
It's already possible to create group / folder but for now it's only used to organize the sessions. You can select multiple sessions with the Ctrl or Shift click but the next version will have more option when a group is selected. One of them is the multiple open.

Thank you for your comments,

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

How do you create a Group/Folder? I looked through the UI, but didn't see any obvious way to do this. I want to be able to have all PuTTY sessions in one folder and all RDC sessions in another, for instance.
<em>edited by robinsiebler on 8/13/2009</em>

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
There is a textbox in the session configuration to create group, the label is Group / Folder. Fill this with the group names you want. Use the \ to separate sub group.

Ex:

Dev\Utils\Putty
This will create a node Dev, a sub node Utils and a final node Putty.

Let me know if you need more help.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

Hi,

Can I just say that this is a fantastic tool and we use it all of the time.
The "Open Group" command is very useful but I notice it can only be used when the application window has been restored.

Is it possible to include (maybe in a future release) the option to perform "Open Group" from the system tray icon?

Thanks again.

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
Good idea!!! I will try to add this soon.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs