Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Bug Report

RDM Server Installation - Missing Azure Assembly

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm very glad to see that Remote Desktop Manager Server Edition has dropped, unfortunately, I ran into an issue installing a trial to give a migration from the Enterprise version a go, along with testing AD group integration. Specifically, the error I an getting is an unhandled exception due to the Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime assembly being missing. I did some preliminary research, and it seems (from http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsazuredevelopment/thread/d628655f-424e-44f4-b254-03e575f698bf) that either the Azure SDK needs to be installed on the server or the project compiled with copylocal=true set for the needed Azure assemblies.. Complete error below. If you need any further information, please let me know.

Server Error in '/RDMS-Test' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Server.Global.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Dev\devolutions\Websites\RemoteDesktopManagerOnline\Server\Global.asax.cs:93

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +4179473
System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +205
System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +350
System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +382

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11318198
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +88
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4348404

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5448; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5420

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Sorry about that. I verified and all the other Azure files were set correctly. I just have missed this one. I will fix the zip file. In the meantime could you try to unzip this file into the Bin folder?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime.zip
Clock8 yrs

Thank you, David. That file fixed the error. Had to delete the RDMS install and re-build due to a security error (probably from copying the file from the Internet).

Clock8 yrs

Will this not take a bit too long to fix?

Clock8 yrs