Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

PIN variable for rsa tokens

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Please add PIN variable to handle it when you are using tokens

Actually im using a workarround putting the PIN in the DOMAIN value to the use this variable in a macro. probably you can do something to use a new value to map this in the automatic/discover when you are using a IE form

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

By it's nature, a RSA PIN is private. I have worked with customers and in fact stored the PIN in an environment variable of the windows profile, you can access these with our Variable system.

We had to use a macro to fill the login information of the page, and since the token value had to be put in the same field as the pin, I had written up a keyboard macro like

$USERNAME${TAB}%MYPIN%{TAB}$PASSWORD$+{TAB}

That +{TAB} ending is to set the focus back on the PIN+token field, but that was their case, I do not know the specifics of your situation. Just PM me if you'd like to go down that route.

I'll let David respond to your feature request, it would have to be done with User Specific Settings in mind, so its not as simple as it seems.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

thanks Maurice I still remember that you helped me on a similar configuration.

My idea about this is to store the fixed 4 digits pin in the personal vault and use it in a value, using user specific settings.

Clock5 yrs

indeed, I had forgotten it was you!

The private vault didn't exist at the time, hopefully we can integrate something.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
We already thought of adding a custom variable system. This could be per user and it could be used in macro. This should not be really hard to add in the version 9.5 since we added something similar to connect to some password system.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Thanks in advance!

Clock5 yrs