Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

Remote Desktop Manager 7.0 Beta

David Hervieux wrote:

Thank you Phil for the report. André will take a look at your post and see what he can do. I don'understand you last question about the password clip?

I am wondering if the new feature " - Added Ftp password clipboard support " if that isn't the cause of the password problem.

Clock7 yrs

Hi David,

I found unexpected behavior (/bug) when sorting groups/folders.
See attached images, when I give a priority of 1 to the group 'Test222', I would expect to just switch places with group 'Test221'. Instead both groups 'Test2' and 'Test22' move to the top.

I can fix it, by giving a priority 1 to the group 'Test1'.
Edit: changed attachment order

<em>edited by molensky on 1/19/2012</em>

Regards, Paul Molensky

Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG
Clock7 yrs

@Phil
I don't think so, I only exposed internally the password to allow it be copied to the clipboard. It's a very basic modification

@Paul.
this is the expeted behavior because the sort split the number so 2 is smaller than 221. You can change the sort algo in the application option:

In the Advanced tab (list view), use the "Use the Old sessions sort" in the UI options.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi David,

I don't understand your remark about 'sort split the number'. (Could be a language thing, dutch is my native language.)
As I see it happen, when a grandchild (Text###) is given a higher ordering, the parent (Test##) and grandparent (Test#) entries inherit also this ordering.
I would expect the ordering to only influence siblings within the same group.

I also changed the setting 'Use the Old session sort'. This didn't change anything visible (at least I didn't notice a difference).

Regards, Paul Molensky

Clock7 yrs

I'm using 6.9.5.0 and getting random crashes without error message. Puff and the application is gone.
I'm using mostly RDP Connections.

How can I support you to track this down?
My system is a XP32.

I can reproduce this case: Every time, when I edit a connection and connect to it, the application crashes.

Best regards
kraeMit
edited by kraeMit on 1/20/2012
<em>edited by kraeMit on 1/20/2012</em>

Best regards
kraeMit

Clock7 yrs

Could you try to verify the application log? Help-> View Application Log. maybe you could also install RDP 7.0

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=20609

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I installed 6.9.5.0 and the Sessions are no longer alphabetically organized (in tree view).
For the most part they are, but there's about 10 that are stuck at the top completely out of order.

Clock7 yrs

Could you send me a printscreen?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

@David: The Application Log is empty and RDP 7.0 doesn't solve this problem.

Best regards
kraeMit

Clock7 yrs

Could you verify if you can see something in the Event Viewer? Maybe set the debug level to 1 in the application option (Advanced tab)

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

That did the trick:

[1/20/2012 9:28:40 PM]DEBUG No security management found
[1/20/2012 9:28:41 PM]DEBUG Loading connection CAD-LIZENZ
[1/20/2012 9:28:41 PM]DEBUG Loading connection HILDA [MS SQL 2005, cdbsbd, ...]bgfbgfbg
[1/20/2012 9:28:41 PM]DEBUG Loading connection LEWIS [MS SQL 2008] blah
[1/20/2012 9:28:41 PM]DEBUG Loading connection WILLY
[1/20/2012 9:28:41 PM]DEBUG Loading connection CDB App 1 - xx.10.10.xxx (A)
[1/20/2012 9:28:41 PM]DEBUG Loading connection CDB App 2 - xx.10.10.xxx (B)
[1/20/2012 9:28:41 PM]DEBUG Loading connection CDB App 3 - xx.10.10.xxx (C)
[1/20/2012 9:28:41 PM]DEBUG Loading connection VPN
[1/20/2012 9:29:09 PM]DEBUG Opening in Console / Admin mode
[1/20/2012 9:29:19 PM]DEBUG Opening in Console / Admin mode
[1/20/2012 9:29:23 PM]DEBUG Opening in Console / Admin mode
[1/20/2012 9:29 PM]INFO RDP - Disconnect:1 / exDiscReasonNoInfo
[1/20/2012 9:29:40 PM]DEBUG Opening in Console / Admin mode
[20.01.2012 21:29:59 ]DEBUG Form load was not called
[20.01.2012 21:29:59 ]DEBUG Starting main form Load
[20.01.2012 21:29:59 ]DEBUG Main form Loaded = true
[20.01.2012 21:29:59 ]DEBUG Ending main form Load
[20.01.2012 21:29:59 ]DEBUG Showing main form...

What I did was: I opened 3 connections, than closed all and tried another connection ... than the app crashed.

<em>edited by kraeMit on 1/20/2012</em>

Best regards
kraeMit

Clock7 yrs

Hi guys,
We will release soon a new beta and we have a feature preview. Who is a PowerShell guru? We have integrated PowerShell in RDM and also have added multiple CmdLet. You will be able to add any kind of session with PowerShell. Edit, delete or execute, change password and any other function are also available.

CmdLet
<em>edited by dhervieux on 1/20/2012</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

CmdLet.png
Clock7 yrs

@David: Testing 6.6.0.0 does not make a difference. Opening and closing RDP Sessions one or two times will crash the application.
There is nothing more in the appication log than the last time.

This is a XP32 business notebook, which runs XP32 since 3 years and might be faulty.
I would appreciate a debug version to hunt this bug down, but don't want wou to use your resources for this rather than for continue developing other parts of the software.

I have an XP64 system, which runs very well with the beta version.

Thanks again for your support!

Regards
kraeMit

Best regards
kraeMit

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Could you send me a printscreen?

Here's basically what I've got going on... I blurred out some of the customer names. Note there's a space in front of Tech Notes and Vendor Notes so they should be at the top.
In previous versions it was alphabetical w/o any issue.

RDMabc.gif
Clock7 yrs

@kdrude

I have found a bug in the sort. I will post a new version soon, we will see if this resolve your issue

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

just updated from 6.5 to the current beta 6.9.5.0 and recognized, that my updated HTTP-Sessions with auto login using credentials from the repository do not work.
the settings seem to be correct according to the gui, but the usename field does not get filled and the login button is not pressed. the password however is correctly filled in.
it works again, when using session specific credentials. changing it back to credential repository entry still doesn't work.
actually i just recognized it doesn't even work with newly created sessions, so it's probably unrelated to the update from 6.5.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Could you give me url of the web site? I will verify it.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

all the websites which use entries from the credential repository don't work so it's most likely unrelated to the actual website.
the ones i tested were internal but i'm pretty sure you can verify it with any other website.

Clock7 yrs

Sorry about that. I have reproduce it and I this is now fixed. I will post a new beta today.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
We are happy to announce a new beta for Remote Desktop Manager.

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.6.9.6.0.exe
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.6.9.6.0.zip

- Added Copy Url to clipboard menu
- Added PowerShell session type
- Added F11 to save while editing a form
- Added the possibility to select a group for the Prompt for Credentials
- Added a setting to open a text entry in edit by default
- Added the RDP port in the UI
- Added the RDP port in the batch edit
- Added an advanced option to disable the embedded RDP error message
- Added a Skype field and call button in information
- Added a Quick Connect menu with a shortcut
- Added a send email button in information
- Added Remote PowerShell support
- Added Dameware Import feature
- The text entry is now shown in the description
- Fixed an enable / disable VPN group issue
- Fixed a possible bug with Session Script Tools and host not found
- Minor UI improvements

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Thank you for a new beta. The sorting of the groups/folders is now as I'm expecting.

Regards, Paul Molensky

Clock7 yrs

There is a minor bug by using an embedded http session. When the login name uses a '@', the field will not filled.
E.g.: www.yammer.com, the login is an email adress. The login will not filled, the passwort does. If I manualy edit the login field and type '@' the quick connect window appears.
<em>edited by kraeMit on 1/26/2012</em>

Best regards
kraeMit

Clock7 yrs

Any change of SFTP support in the Built-In. (ftp over ssh)

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
The sftp will not be included in the version 7.0. This is planned (written also on our whiteboard) for the update.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Paul Molensky wrote:

Thank you for a new beta. The sorting of the groups/folders is now as I'm expecting.

For me, as from 6.9.6.0, the sorting is wrong.

Worked fine in 6.9.5.0 and before.

Kind regards,
Ray

rdm.jpg
Clock7 yrs

Hi Rayman,
I'm working again on the sort. I have found another issue. It harder than what it's seems because it's a tree.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi Rayman,
I'm working again on the sort. I have found another issue. It harder than what it's seems because it's a tree.

FYI. 6.9.6.0 didn't resolve my issue either.

Love tree view!

Watch out, the environmentalists will get after you if you keep trash talking the trees wink

Thanks for all your work. There's no piece of software that compares with what you offer.

Clock7 yrs

I have a major problem going on with 6.9.6.0. All users are able to reveal passwords when they view the credential entries. They do not have the box checked that says "allow reveal passwords".

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
In the entry, do you have the checkbox "Password only available to administrator" checked? Are they administrator too?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I have updated the binaries this version with a fixed version. All the files have been overwritten.
<em>edited by dhervieux on 1/27/2012</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs