Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

Remote Desktop Manager 7.0 Beta

Did I just read correctly from your last post. Have you added Remote Desktop Manager support for Active Directory? I am hoping that what your saying is that instead of SQL local users being used for RDM access that we can tie in directly to AD. I noticed you mentioned RDMS though so I am also hoping that my excitement is not misplaced due to this feature being only accessible by RDM Server which from my understanding is going to be marketed and priced for enterprise which I am not.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
You can already use the Active Directory user with RDM but not the Active Directory group. This mean that you have to add every user manually in the application. With the RDMS, we are able to dynamically add the user and find his group. We also are able to match AD group with a role and a security settings. In the future, we will see what we can do to add this in SQL Server.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

SSH Shell confirmed fixed:
Windows closes on Session End
Changing of default colors does not crash application
F keys passed to terminal do no get interpreted locally first
Scroll-back buffer does not corrupt display
UTF-8 has all line characters interpreted (Loosing last on on last line before)

SSH Shell not fixed:
Color codes not being interpreted, so a ls -a will not show colored directories. (confirmed that Linux has xterm and ansi in DIR_COLORS)

Clock7 yrs

@Phil Gordemer

Thank you very much for the testing. We use a third party and we are currently verifying with them if they support this feature.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

The SSH session does not work...
When I use the putty option in SSH (port 22) everything works but not when I use your option...

Using SSH Shell:

Using SSH:

You know that SSH is not just a different port but actually uses certificates for the initial connection...?

Clock7 yrs

@snirh

Just to be sure, have you tried the latest beta? André has made a fix about the port in the version 6.9.4.0

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Yes, this is from the latest beta

Clock7 yrs

snirh wrote:

You know that SSH is not just a different port but actually uses certificates for the initial connection...?

Hi,

Not sure I understand. Are we talking about private key SSH settings ?

Thanks

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

yes, when I connect using putty for the first time it prompts me to accept the key, your SSH does not...

Clock7 yrs

Hi David,

Following up our email conversation regarding the Open Session VPN only thing.

After your fix for 6.9.4.0 this is working fine, however, now the messages Opening SonicWALL Global VPN Connection and Closing VPN Connection are missing. It works fine, but now RDM is busy opening / closing the VPN connection while you cannot see that this is happening.

I hope I'm clear, if not I'll try to explain better.

Kind regards,
Ray

Clock7 yrs

@Rayman

I've found the problem with the messages and this should be resolved in the next beta release.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hello,
I have a problem with the Beta V.6.9.4.0. I can't resize the windows in the remote sessions. It doesn't matter if it is a Server or Windows XP or W7. You can maximize the windows in the remote sessions, but you can't change the size with the mouse. Moving works fine.

Kind regards
Holger

Clock7 yrs

could you send me a printscreen, I just want to be sure of which window we are talking about.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Here is a screenshot:

I must correct my last post: Moving the windows doesn't work, too.
<em>edited by Holger on 1/16/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

@Holder I have 6.9.4.0 installed and I do not have this problem. I am able to resize and move windows with the mouse. I am running this on Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit. Try uninstalling, redownloading, and reinstalling. Maybe a corrupt install?

Clock7 yrs

@Holder. If you use an old version, does it works? What version of RDP do you use? Have you installed the latest version (7.0)

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hello,
I use the ZIP-Version of RDM on a Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit. RDP is the Version 6.1.7601.17514.
If I use the Verion 6.6.0.0 or 6.5.1.0 of RDM I have no problems.

And at least the very important information ........... my name is Holger. winksmile

Clock7 yrs

OK, it seems that's a problem on my PC. I tried the same "Installation" on an other W7-32-Bit System and it works fine.
So you can forget this.

Kind regards,
Holger

Clock7 yrs

@Holger
Sorry about your name, it was a typo. I will release today a new beta. You could try it.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi David,

I´ve here the same problem what hoger had. I can´t move the windows around or resize the column. Sometimes can't click an button button.

Software: Windows 7 x64 an RDM latest beta

thank you Jens

Clock7 yrs

With Built in FTP, I can't find a way to force the transfer mode. On uploads the software is guessing on whether it should be ascii or binary transfer and I need to be able to force binary (its guessing wrong most of the time).

There seems to be no controls for server connection, IE retry, disconnect, etc......

Clock7 yrs

@Holger, @jensv
Is it possible that you use the Large font? I have seen a bug multiple time in some video drivers with large font.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hello,

No. On my site, I use normal fonts, no scaling, or something like this.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

The transfer type setting (Ascii or Binary) will be available shortly.

Regards

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

You can add me to the list of people that cannot drag or resize windows... I am running Windows 7 64bit... I tried just running MSTSC and it works fine, but inside RDM beta 6.9.4.0 I cannot resize or move windows. I will try uninstalling fully with the next beta release. Also I am not using large fonts.
<em>edited by soltech on 1/17/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

Ok, it's weird. If you use a previous version (6.9.3 or 6.6), does it work?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I have created a new thread for the embedded problem:

http://forum.devolutions.net/forum/topic1565-embedded-rdp-problem.aspx?MessageID=8302#post8302

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
We are happy to announce a new beta for Remote Desktop Manager.

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.6.9.5.0.exe
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.6.9.5.0.zip

- Added more shortcut for data entry
- Added more shortcuts for the clipboard
- Added a new add item dialog
- Added Ftp password clipboard support
- Added Sort order for Group / Data Entry / Credential / Session Script Tool
- Added some sample images for the select custom image
- Added a balloon notification when a clipboard action is executed
- Added an option "Reconnect on double click"
- Added an option "Minimize on open session (external)"
- Added VNC Viewer Plus support in external mode
- Added secure note data entry
- Added user specific settings support with offline mode
- Added embedded SSH Shell color support
- Added ASCII transfer mode for embedded Ftp
- Added a show and generate password button in tue UI
- Double click Credential in tree view copy the password in the clipboard
- Fixed a rename group / folder issue
- Fixed a possible drag and drop bug

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Quick report for 6.9.5.0

SSH Shell
Color support works!! (Woohoo!)
Copy and Paste support from Shell to Windows and back works - should be documented. I would like to see a Right Mouse Button menu that you have to select Paste from. Why - safety, if I hit RMB by accident, anything in my paste buffer from a windows session could trigger an accident command in Linux windows - been there, done that. That also gives space for a RMB copy to log file or something...

Embedded FTP:
Now see choice of ASCII and Binary transfer, but we also need to be able to Right Mouse Button and change them within a session as there are times you need to do both.

Embedded FTP:
Passing of password is not happening correctly. Change no other option between FTP Application and Builtin, and login fails with:

15:49:38.796 Error Info: Rebex.Net.FtpException: Login incorrect (530).
at Rebex.Net.Ftp.Login(String userName, String password, String account)

Is this a by product of FTP password clip support?

Clock7 yrs

Thank you Phil for the report. André will take a look at your post and see what he can do. I don'understand you last question about the password clip?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs